Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: immigration cards

Florida Chatterbox

immigration cards

EEK , we just came home yesterday and when I was putting our passports away for our next trip in Dec I realised the Green cards that was stapled in our passports by immigration are still there.
    obviously when we checked in on our way home they were not removed.

Does anyone know if I have to contact immigration , will it stop us getting back in to Florida in December

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think that technically you should ensure they get to US Immigration but I must confess I've done the same thing on more than 1 occasion and never had a problem the next time I've entered the US.

Others may have a different experience of course.

Just make sure they are still not in the passport when you arrive. We got caught out and had a right gruelling and were told they could have stopped us entering again as technically we never left! Personally now I make sure they take them but if I was in your position I would maybe put them somewhere in a bag when you travel but don't say anything unless challenged which I doubt you would be. I have seen many a one slide off desks at the airport and they don't seem to pick them up!!!

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

This problem was discussed before, just click on the link below to read the thread.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_33129.asp

They don't let you know it has arrived, so take a copy of the form and your boarding card to keep with your passport for the next journey just in case
    Shirley

The son of our Dutch friend has had problems for years since they did not take the green visa stub out of his passport some years ago. He has never been refused entry, but he gets grilled each time he returns. How on earth do they think you managed to fly back to the US if you had never left - it seems daft, but not worth the hassle, the Americans are not very logical.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The son of our Dutch friend has had problems for years since they did not take the green visa stub out of his passport some years ago. He has never been refused entry, but he gets grilled each time he returns. How on earth do they think you managed to fly back to the US if you had never left - it seems daft, but not worth the hassle, the Americans are not very logical.[/quote]However their concern would be that he stayed longer than the 3 months allowed.

Florida Expert
    It happened to my Mother a couple of trips back.
    We were told to send a letter with the green slips to the US embassy.

Not sure if they passed it on but I guess they are pretty hot with records these days so the immigration records were more than likely updated to relfect the fact she has left the US.
    She has been since and had no problems.

If you search for the US embassy website you can always drop them an email and ask their advice.

wrpac00
    Post them back to the US embassy. I know quite a few people that experience problems getting in each year even though they had teh slips removed on their next visit.

Florida Savvy
    NO - DO NOT POST THEM TO THE EMBASSY!

They need to be sent (with the back completed) to:-

DHS-CBP SBU, 1084 South Laurel Road, London Kentucky 40744, USA

and as others have said - keep a copy of the forms, your flight stubs (homeward journey) and anything else that you send them as proof that you are back in UK. Keep it all with your passport for next time.

Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx