Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

14-10-2005, 21:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Good luck Liesa - let us know how you get on [grouphug] [grouphug]
[/quote]

Julie i hope that's not you on your broom stick[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

stabard
14-10-2005, 21:04
[msnsmile2] Thanks Macka - Just had a call from hubby to say he will be late home as he needs to do " a bit of shopping". Hope it is something nice :D

Sharon G
14-10-2005, 21:27
Welcome back Liesa. Nice to hear from you!!

Well done to those who have lost [clap][clap]

Don't give up those who havn't!!![msnwink]

Julie, I,ve lost a stone up to date but would like to lose another 6lbs!!!![msnscared][msnscared]. You are doing really well and I'm sure you'll reach your goal for Christmas!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Sharon

14-10-2005, 21:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
[msnsmile2] Thanks Macka - Just had a call from hubby to say he will be late home as he needs to do " a bit of shopping". Hope it is something nice :D
[/quote]

Hope you have a great birthday Jan!!!![beer][beer][beer]

14-10-2005, 21:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
Welcome back Liesa. Nice to hear from you!!

Well done to those who have lost [clap][clap]

Don't give up those who havn't!!![msnwink]

Julie, I,ve lost a stone up to date but would like to lose another 6lbs!!!![msnscared][msnscared]. You are doing really well and I'm sure you'll reach your goal for Christmas!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Sharon

[/quote]

Thanks Sharon I would be happy with another 12lbs

[msnwink]

Paula D-S
15-10-2005, 01:02
[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

I've not been too good this week. I will try harder you all seem to do so well.

Paula

15-10-2005, 01:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

I've not been too good this week. I will try harder you all seem to do so well.

Paula
[/quote]

Paula we all have our off weeks, I have had one this week too[msnwink]

julieanne
15-10-2005, 03:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

[/quote]

How else do you think I'm getting to Florida Julie [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

15-10-2005, 12:47
[/quote]

[/quote]

How else do you think I'm getting to Florida Julie [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

Be better than some airlines Julie[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
15-10-2005, 15:12
Paula dont give up hope, if you have read some of my postings you will see it has taken me about 180 pages to get my head around this losing weight business, and now i have been ill, it seems to have shocked me into shape, well it started after having surgery as minor as it was to frighten me!! it was the anestetic and the high blood pressure that feared me and all because i am so overweight!! i have put on 7lbs on holiday but that was only the last week, it will be off within the next few days cos i am feeling so sick again!! (dam gallstones)and on more antibiotics, could be a blessing in disguise?
am really missing florida!!!

and how big are some of the women over there!! try and watch in walmart!! the bigger women have to travel around the store in a electric car!!!!
with bums hanging over the side!! i spent alot of time asking my daughter, "am i as big as that"[msneek]

we can do it but we have to want to bad enough!!

Sharon G
15-10-2005, 21:15
Liesa...Hope your feeling better soon. Putting on 7lbs whilst on holiday is quite acceptable and you've worked so hard all this year you deserve to have your time out!![msnwink][msnwink]

Jan...Belated "Happy birthday" wishes. Hope you had a nice time and your hubby bought you something nice?????

Paula, Your definately not on your own this week... I've been like this for the past nearly 3 weeks!!![msncry][msncry]....good thing is though I havn't lost weight but I havn't put it on either.

Saturday night!!! Out for a meal with friends[msnscared]

Sharon

fiona
15-10-2005, 23:23
Happy birthday Jan. You can write off your birthday meal and make up for it later.

Had no brekkies as off to a Clothes Sale at Ascot that we go to twice a year and despite it being full of stick thin women and fashionistas, the food is dreadful - white boring sarnies, grotty looking ciabattas. But, tons and tons of lovely cake - oh how they know us girlies so well!

So, to a woman it was a cup of tea/coffee and cake. Very nice piece of walnut it was too. Quick bite of salad when I got home at tea time, and then tomato pasta & salad for supper to make up for it. Tomorrow they all want roast, but I am cooking it this week so I have control over how everything is cooked[msnsmile].

LiesaAnna
16-10-2005, 14:25
Happy Birthday Jan[clap][clap][clap]

[beer][beer][beer][beer]

16-10-2005, 16:11
Well ladies as my weight loss is slow slow I am staring a tougher diet from today plus taking some specific supplements for iron and yeast overgrowth which apparently inhibits weight loss, so watch this space[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
16-10-2005, 16:24
sneaked a look on my scales 2lb off already so feeling positive about my weight loss, might have something to do with still not 100% so not got a great appetite

Sharon G
16-10-2005, 23:13
ooohhhhh another bad day!!!

Won't bore you all with what I've had thats bad for you!![msncry][msncry]....just tommorow is another day!!!

Had 2 glasses of wine tonight already and its only 7.10pm!!!!....my excuse today is the kids have drove me mad[msnscared][msnscared]

Will try so hard this next week[msnwink]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
16-10-2005, 23:33
well i just stuffed ahalf bar of choc yes it was a big bar!!! and i dont feel guilty!!!! its all we had!

Sharon G
16-10-2005, 23:46
[:O]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
well i just stuffed ahalf bar of choc yes it was a big bar!!! and i dont feel guilty!!!! its all we had!
[/quote]

LOL....[msnoo][msnoo]

If there had been any chocolate in my house today I would have eaten it also!!! Instead, I'm now on my 3rd galss of wine[drinkbeer][drinkbeer][:O]

16-10-2005, 23:58
Sharon and Liesa - Oh I so know how you feel I have had 2 weeks like that but today I have turned the corner, my daughter just came in with a big bag of chocs and I turned them down[clap][angel]

I have just had salad[angel][angel][angel]

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 00:06
Sharon and Liesa - Oh I so know how you feel I have had 2 weeks like that but today I have turned the corner, my daughter just came in with a big bag of chocs and I turned them down[clap][angel]

[/quote]

Good on you Julie[clap][clap][clap]

My will power has to change this next week or I will be back to square one before I know it![msncry][msncry]

Sharon

17-10-2005, 00:20

[/quote]

Good on you Julie[clap][clap][clap]

My will power has to change this next week or I will be back to square one before I know it![msncry][msncry]

Sharon
[/quote]

It is so hard though Sharon, you have to have the will power switch on in your head for you to do it don't you and if its not there you just can't do it[msnscared]

I am going to do it this week though[clap][clap][clap]

Come on we can all do this[sporty][sporty][sporty]

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 00:47
I have decided not to have my weigh in tomorrow. Had a pretty rubbish week and if I'm honest a pretty rubbish weekend too.

Back on track tomorrow, only 8 months to my holiday. I am going away with "the girls" at the end of November 6 weeks in fact so I would like to loose a bit of weight before then.[msnsmile2]

I wish you could send me the other half of that chocolate Liesa.[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
17-10-2005, 01:29
sorry Paula we gonna eat that in a minute!! lol

17-10-2005, 10:10
Come on you guys get rid of the chocs and lets get back on track!!!![msnwink][msnwink]

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 10:34
Come on you guys get rid of the chocs and lets get back on track!!!![msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

If only I had chocolate.

I am on track, good luck everyone.
[sporty]

LiesaAnna
17-10-2005, 11:34
oh dear poor woman!! getting to repeat herself now!!!
my weakness is my dads on a sunday!![msncry] i could smack his bum sometimes!!!
i was doing so well before going up there!! its put me back 3lbs!![msncry]

julieanne
17-10-2005, 12:32
I was naughty on Friday with a parmesan and beer but have been an [angel] ever since.
After all I don't want to fall off my broomstick [laugh] [laugh]

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 15:14
Back to it today ladies!!!!

Only good, non fattenening foods for me today! Lots of exercise and no alcohol till the end of the week (not after last night anyway!)[msnsad][msnsad]

I have no chocolate in the house so there is no temptation[msnwink]

Sharon

17-10-2005, 15:22
Back to it today ladies!!!!

Only good, non fattenening foods for me today! Lots of exercise and no alcohol till the end of the week (not after last night anyway!)[msnsad][msnsad]

I have no chocolate in the house so there is no temptation[msnwink]

Sharon
[/quote]

That's what I like to hear[clap][clap]

Me too, salad, protein, salad and fruit!!![msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
17-10-2005, 15:28
I can't stop eating.

So far this morning, I have had a banana, a bag of Chicken crisps, an apple and two huge handfulls of salted peanuts. I'm off for lunch in an hour too.

I must say, I believe that going on a diet would be more difficult than giving up smoking. I have nothing but admiration for you ladies.

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 15:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
I can't stop eating.

So far this morning, I have had a banana, a bag of Chicken crisps, an apple and two huge handfulls of salted peanuts. I'm off for lunch in an hour too.

I must say, I believe that going on a diet would be more difficult than giving up smoking. I have nothing but admiration for you ladies.
[/quote]

Good morning Macka, If your still not smoking you're doing great.
It's better to eat than smoke (in my opinion!!)
Anyway, you're doing well eating the banana and apple.

I miss crisps on this diet!![msncry][msncry]

Sharon

Macka
17-10-2005, 15:59

Originally posted by Macka
I can't stop eating.

Sharon

Yes, everyone's said pack in the fags then worry about the food. I know that makes sense Sharon. I had a look in the supermarket at the weekend for things to munch on that were not too fattening but there isn't much is there? I don't like celery or raw carrot![sick]

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 16:14

Originally posted by Macka
I can't stop eating.

Sharon

Yes, everyone's said pack in the fags then worry about the food. I know that makes sense Sharon. I had a look in the supermarket at the weekend for things to munch on that were not too fattening but there isn't much is there? I don't like celery or raw carrot![sick]
[/quote]

Me neither[sick]

I buy the already prepared fruit bowls which have melon, strawberries,grapes, oranges, apple and peaches. These are great to snack on whilst at work or home, and are good for you!![msnwink]

Sharon

Macka
17-10-2005, 16:17
Where do you get those from? I looked for that kind of thing but could only find fruit salad in cans. They had ring pull tops though. So you could take them to work.

17-10-2005, 16:20
Don't mention crisps[msnscared]

Just got my small bowl of Tuna Salad (no dressing) and small fresh fruit salad for my lunch, had small porridge fro brecky and nothing else so far[angel]

Paul eat as much as you like just try to stick to healthy stuff if you can, but better that than smoking any day[msnwink]

17-10-2005, 16:26
Where do you get those from? I looked for that kind of thing but could only find fruit salad in cans. They had ring pull tops though. So you could take them to work.
[/quote]

Have you got a Sainsburys Paul, they have it all ready prepared and you just spoon it into bowl then weigh it then pay and go[msnwink]

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 17:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
oh dear poor woman!! getting to repeat herself now!!!
my weakness is my dads on a sunday!![msncry] i could smack his bum sometimes!!!
i was doing so well before going up there!! its put me back 3lbs!![msncry]
[/quote]

Don't know how that happens[msneek]

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 17:37
quote]Originally posted by Macka
[/quote]

I had one today from Somerfield, it had mango in though so I wasn't too impressed.[sick][sick][sick]

Macka
17-10-2005, 17:47
[/quote]

Have you got a Sainsburys Paul, they have it all ready prepared and you just spoon it into bowl then weigh it then pay and go[msnwink]
[/quote]

Yes got a Snaysburys Julie. Although we only go on very special occasions. How we love to walk around at Christmas, wishing we could actually buy something. We often stand by the roast chicken counter, they don't move us on as it's Christmas and we can smell the luverly aroma of roast Turkey wot the toffs buy for their Christmas dinner.
Sometimes me and the wife, tiny Bev, steal a crust of bread from the bakery counter for us dinner. Cor blimey a rare treat that is.

Macka
17-10-2005, 17:48
I had one today from Somerfield, it had mango in though so I wasn't too impressed.[sick][sick][sick]
[/quote]

Mango Paula.[sick]

17-10-2005, 18:10
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes got a Snaysburys Julie. Although we only go on very special occasions. How we love to walk around at Christmas, wishing we could actually buy something. We often stand by the roast chicken counter, they don't move us on as it's Christmas and we can smell the luverly aroma of roast Turkey wot the toffs buy for their Christmas dinner.
Sometimes me and the wife, tiny Bev, steal a crust of bread from the bakery counter for us dinner. Cor blimey a rare treat that is.
[/quote]

You're mocking me arn't you[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Paula D-S
17-10-2005, 18:19
Macka go to Asda at Christmas. They have little taster trolleys posted all around the store.[msnwink]

Macka
17-10-2005, 18:35
No Julie I wouldn't mock you, Cor blimey kind lady![msnsmile2

I'll do that Paula, At least we'll eat this Christmas...[msncry]

:D

Macka
17-10-2005, 18:37
Talking of Christmas, how does everyone manage?[msnoo]

Is it like holidays? are we excused?

fiona
17-10-2005, 18:56
You can eat a good portion of roast turkey with the trimmings, just be careful about how much christmas pud you eat! And as for nuts, dates, chocolates - either a complete no-no if you have no willpower, or if you can be restrained (stupid remark, we wouldn't be dieting would be if we were!!) you can have a couple.

Try to eat things like tangerines instead!

I have just filled in my last 3 days of food intake! OMG, talk about food in the mouth first and find out the syn values later!

Take away chinese Friday night, out for lunch Thursday, bagel for breakfast today .... amazingly enough, if I am VERY good today and tomorrow I will have had my 15 syns a day!

Bagel & slice of cheese for breakfast. Rice & broadbean salad with 2 small pieces of chicken for lunch, jacket pot & beans & cheese for supper, AND NO WINE!!

Have parents meeting tonight so won't be home until 8 so will be starving by then, told DH to cook jackets as something substantial but easy. Oh I hate Mondays. Trains were on a go slow this am, I am halfway round my hike with the hounds, frantic phonecall from YD, no trains and has maths test this am, MUST be in for 9.00am. Now 8.25 and not a hope in hell's chance me getting back to car, collecting her from station and getting to Reading by then. Somehow get her there for 9.15, and then I have go back tonight for the tutors meeting. However, am at work (late after all that of course) so cannot eat[msnwink].

Macka
17-10-2005, 19:02
My life is very simple compared to yours Fiona.

Thanks for thr Chizzy tips.:D

Fourdents
17-10-2005, 19:33
I am really FED UP !

NO,no not food intake !

with all the products in the shops/supermarkets in prep for Christmas.

Honestly, late September....... Christmas mince pies with an expiry date of Nov.1st

Mountains of Chocs etc..etc etc ..

can we who are trying not to over eat/drink agree to give some of what we would over spend (and I know we all do[msnembarrased] ) to relief agencies helping out in Pakestan, Malawi or the like ?

Linda

17-10-2005, 20:37
Linda I know what you mean[msnsad]

I have just filled my trolley with salad, salad and more salad, lots of fish and chicken, so much fruit, and an enormous water melon[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

stabard
17-10-2005, 21:15
Afternoon chaps :D

Well it was my Birthday weekend and - - - well the diet went a bit out the window.

Went with Sis to Chiquitas on Saturday night and allowed her to bully me into sharing Nachos with her. ( she can be really nasty when she gets going [msnwink]) This was follwed by reletivly "good" Chicken skewers with a little Rice. And I have to say I could not eat it all. :D But the sins were completely blown by the Pitcher of Marguarita and a Pina Colada [beer]

Mum and Dad then took me out for Sunday Lunch. Bet I let my eldest son have my Yorkshire Pudding and I had lots of veg with my Meat. Followed by Fruit Merigune.

Am back on the wagon today and the X Trainer will be working overtime tonight. It is weigh in tomorrow so will find out the damamge then [msnsad]

Note to Self - "STAY OFF THE VINO TONIGHT!!" Cheers everyone and lets think of those bikinis by the pool in Florida
[beer][beer][beer][beer][beer]

17-10-2005, 21:30
Jan sounds like you had a great time - its very much allowed on your birthday[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
17-10-2005, 23:03
Jan it doesnt sound as bad as it could've been!! so i think a big well done is called for!![clap][clap][clap][clap]

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 23:09
Jan, glad you had a good weekend for your birthday!!!

Macka, I buy my pre-made fruit bowls from Marks and Spencers, but like others had said you can get them from most big supermarkets, they'll just differ slightly in content and price!!

Linda, I know exactly what you mean, I,m fed up with it all already. BHS here have got all their Christmas shop up and running and wait for it&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;. CHRISTMAS MUSIC playing !!...in October [msnsad][msnsad][msncry]

Sharon

Sharon G
17-10-2005, 23:11
Talking of Christmas, how does everyone manage?[msnoo]

Is it like holidays? are we excused?
[/quote]

OOOOhhhhhhhhh Yes[msnwink][msnwink] but only for a few days!!!

Sharon

18-10-2005, 00:07
Jan, glad you had a good weekend for your birthday!!!

Macka, I buy my pre-made fruit bowls from Marks and Spencers, but like others had said you can get them from most big supermarkets, they'll just differ slightly in content and price!!

Linda, I know exactly what you mean, I,m fed up with it all already. BHS here have got all their Christmas shop up and running and wait for it&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;. CHRISTMAS MUSIC playing !!...in October [msnsad][msnsad][msncry]

Sharon
[/quote]

Sharon Selfridges at the Trafford Centre have had the Christmas Dept open since the end of August!!![msnscared]

stabard
18-10-2005, 01:15
Thanks Guys for letting me off. I did have a great time [msnsmile2]

When we were in Florida in September the stores had the beginnings of their Christmas departments already. 90 degree heat and Crimbo? Did not seem right some how[xmas2]

LiesaAnna
18-10-2005, 01:29
plenty of things on sale last week, lots of christmas decorations!!
and many many aisles with halloween bits!! that was Walmart and then super Target has an even bigger halloween aisle so many sweets and cookies etc,

stabard
18-10-2005, 01:31
Hope you did not stock up Liesa [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
18-10-2005, 01:46
no we made the mistake of travelling with Air Atlanta, flight/plane/crew were brilliant but only allowed 1 case each!!! and then we had to ask if we could take more then the 20kgs they said!!!

18-10-2005, 10:07
Well I had the best day yesterday, I was better than I had been for weeks so feeling very positive[clap][clap][clap]

Lets hope it continues[sporty][sporty][sporty]

LiesaAnna
18-10-2005, 11:28
yes i had a good day today to...... oasto simple for brekky, chicken salad roll for lunch, tuna pasta for dinner, not as nice as before the hols, think my palette has been spoilt!!![msnembarrased]

Macka
18-10-2005, 12:14
I can't wait for Christmas this year, it's only 10 weeks to our hols after Christmas, it's a bit of a milestone.[xmas2]

stabard
18-10-2005, 13:26
Morning all [msnsmile2]

Well I am off for weigh in today -so no breakfast yet[msnwink]

We are off on hols on Saturday. Don't think the bikini will be getting an airing this trip but Florida for New Year? Watch this space [msnsmile2]

Catch you all later

thornton
18-10-2005, 14:01
Hi everyone,

I have not been in touch for a few days because last week was manic and the diet went to pot as I was eating at all odd times and the wrong things but fortunately no weight gain by some miracle. Over the weekend we went to Turkey to look at the apartments we put a deposit on and have come back more confused than ever and do not know what to do next. As we are off to Florida for a month next week we are rather busy trying to get everything organized. Taking so much out for the villa, pictures, knick knacks and such like that we will rather over burdened.

Must try and be good for the next week - any ideas anyone?

Jill

thornton
18-10-2005, 14:05
Hi everyone,

I have not been in touch for a few days because last week was manic and the diet went to pot as I was eating at all odd times and the wrong things but fortunately no weight gain by some miracle. Over the weekend we went to Turkey to look at the apartments we put a deposit on and have come back more confused than ever and do not know what to do next. As we are off to Florida for a month next week we are rather busy trying to get everything organized. Taking so much out for the villa, pictures, knick knacks and such like that we will rather over burdened.

Must try and be good for the next week - any ideas anyone?

Jill

LiesaAnna
18-10-2005, 14:19
just be good!!! you can if you really want to!!

i am watching city hospital and they have been talking about gall stones and the gall bladder they said its cos we are eating smaller meals and thats why they start playing up!!! etc, see i said i had cut down!!!!!![clap]

18-10-2005, 15:09
We have a new member ladies my 16 y/o is joining us she is only 5' 2" and needs to lose at least a stone, she does not take after me coz I am 5' 7"!!!!

Macka
18-10-2005, 15:12
We have a new member ladies my 16 y/o is joining us she is only 5' 2" and needs to lose at least a stone, she does not take after me coz I am 5' 7"!!!!
[/quote]

Hello Julie's 16. y.o. (Sorry, she didn't tell us your name!!)[msnsmile2]

18-10-2005, 16:05
[/quote]

Hello Julie's 16. y.o. (Sorry, she didn't tell us your name!!)[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Silly me it's Keeley[msnwink]

Macka
18-10-2005, 16:08
Hello Keeley,

Welcome to the forum.

You should get your own username and Avatar. Mach 1.5 maybe?:D

18-10-2005, 16:15
Hello Keeley,

Welcome to the forum.

You should get your own username and Avatar. Mach 1.5 maybe?:D

[/quote]

LOL!! Baby Mach[?]

Macka
18-10-2005, 16:18
Awwww.. baby Mach, yeah!

LiesaAnna
18-10-2005, 16:28
Hi Keeley and welcome!!!

stabard
18-10-2005, 18:22
hi Keeley and welcome.

Well - good news on the weigh in. 1 pound lost by some miracle [msnoo] so feeling pleased that I did not manage to completely blow out the diet at the weekend. :D
So am now on plan and am willing myself to to do good while on my trip and get rid of that stone and half by xmas!

18-10-2005, 18:23
Well done Jan[clap][clap][clap]

Macka
18-10-2005, 18:25
hi Keeley and welcome.

Well - good news on the weigh in. 1 pound lost by some miracle [msnoo] so feeling pleased that I did not manage to completely blow out the diet at the weekend. :D
So am now on plan and am willing myself to to do good while on my trip and get rid of that stone and half by xmas!
[/quote]

If you dance like Tigger does, that should be no problem!

stabard
18-10-2005, 23:27
hi Keeley and welcome.

[/quote]

If you dance like Tigger does, that should be no problem!
[/quote]

Ooohhhhh - all that bouncing could knacker me back[msnscared]
Much prefer my wiggle and weave :D

Baby_Mach
19-10-2005, 01:31
Hi everyone!
Thankyou for all your welcomes!
Yes, I need to lose alot. Being let out of sixth form at lunchtime has definately taken its toll when theres McDonalds, Starbucks, Thorntons and Pizza Hut all in the small town just down the road from school (Its also taken its toll on my bank account too!!) [drinkpepsi]
I was good yesterday...apart from the fact that my friend offered me chocolate at school and i gave in. I was very good with my exercise though. I did 2 mins power walking then 8 minutes running on the treadmill x2!! [sporty]
Today i was very very good with my eating:
Breakfast: Porridge
Break: Elevenses nutri-grain bar
Lunch; Lettuce and Tuna with light thousand island dressing
Tea: Lettuce and Chicken Tikka pieces with light thousand island dressing.
Did 2 mins walk, 5 mins run on the treadmill x2 then 10 mins powerwalking, nearly on my running speed!!

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

(oh!! and yes i have a thing for smileys....just like mum!! hehehe)[angel]

Paula D-S
19-10-2005, 01:42
Welcome to the slimming club Keeley. Hope you have two computers at home or you and Mum will be falling out.[msnwink]

Baby_Mach
19-10-2005, 01:46
LOL!
Yes, in fact we have around 7 computers, including the laptops, i think so hopefully we shouldn't need to fall out! hehe!
[laugh]

19-10-2005, 01:57
OMG we have 2 Mach 2's on here now[clap][clap][clap]

Welcome Keeley!!

Love from Mummy xx

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 02:11
Hello and welcome Baby Mach (Keeley).

Are there any more little Mach's out there????[msnwink][msnwink]

Sharon

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 02:12
hi Keeley and welcome.

[/quote]

Well done Jan[clap][clap][clap]

Keep up the good work.

Sharon

19-10-2005, 02:14

Sharon
[/quote]

Two more little ones and two more big ones.....Lucy aged 3, Louis 8, Rick just 21 and Ryan 21[msnscared]

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 02:15
Jill.......Tell us all about Turkey then?????......and I don't mean the roasting type!!!![msnwink][msnwink]

Sharon

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 02:16

Sharon
[/quote]

Two more little ones and two more big ones.....Lucy aged 3, Louis 8, Rick just 21 and Ryan 21[msnscared]
[/quote]

Gosh Julie.....You have a big age gap between yours!!! You're very brave!!!!![msnwink]

Sharon

19-10-2005, 02:19

Sharon
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gosh Julie.....You have a big age gap between yours!!! You're very brave!!!!![msnwink]

Sharon
[/quote]

No just mad Sharon!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 02:25

Sharon
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sharon
[/quote]

No just mad Sharon!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[/quote]

LOL.

I have 9 years between my boys and that was like starting all over again!!![msnscared][msnscared]

Sharon

stabard
19-10-2005, 02:39
Crikey Sharon - jsut under 6 years seemed bad enough [msntongue]

Aiminghigh
19-10-2005, 08:52
Hi everyone.
Sorry I haven't posted on the slimming forum lately. I've kept up with everyone's progress but have had a lot on with work(worked 7 days a week for the last 6 wks,albeit only p/t at weekends!) and have had to cut back on all sorts just so I can see my family[msnscared]

For the last few weeks, I have not really stuck to a diet, just the principle of eating reasonably healthy during the week but then "indulging" at weekends. Believe it or not, I have actually lost 3lbs without trying

[clap]

I think I have had so little time to think about food that I haven't been "snacking" at all during the week.(Although I admit to "snacking" big time at weekends). Also,my current work project involves a lot of physical work, so that helps.

So, keep it up everyone, and WELCOME Baby Mach! I Should get my 17yr old son to join too-6th form isn't doing his waistline any good either!

Carole

19-10-2005, 10:05
Well done Carole[clap][clap][clap][clap]

Nice to see you back on here so take care[msnwink]

Macka
19-10-2005, 10:05
[/quote]

Ahhh, hence the seven computers.[msnwink]

[chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter]

Well done Carole, it doesn't matter how it goes as long as it goes.[msnsmile2]

19-10-2005, 10:09

[/quote]

Ahhh, hence the seven computers.[msnwink]

[chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter]

[/quote]

Yes Paul its mad in our house plus hubby loves all things techno[msnwink]

That 7 does not inlude the 2 big boys who are at Uni and have lap tops too[msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]!!!!!!!!

Macka
19-10-2005, 10:13
Morning Julie, yes it must be.[msnscared]

You'll have to fight for the treadmill with Baby Mach though now.[sporty]

19-10-2005, 10:21
Morning Julie, yes it must be.[msnscared]

You'll have to fight for the treadmill with Baby Mach though now.[sporty]
[/quote]

Yes true, lucklily I like to go on the treadmill early in the morning and she goes on later after schoo;[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
19-10-2005, 13:55
been to the nurse, 16 stone 7lbs!!!
again i am delighted!! cos that means i have only got another 3lbs to lose to get back to pre holiday weight[clap] cant say i was good it was a question of the gall stones/bladder!! didnt eat too much of anything (even tho i have photos of the food, i didnt eat it all)more so the first week, and didnt make up for lost time[msnscared]

fiona
19-10-2005, 14:14
Well missed my weigh in last night as had free tickets in Reading to see In Her Shoes (Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette, Shirley Maclaine) - v good. So have to be extra good for another day and have to go to Windsor tonight!

One of my home days today - nothing bad in the house to eat so that is something, but will be going to the gym and for a swim later on to make up for not having been for the past 2 weeks - funny how quickly it creeps up on you. Walked the hounds this am amid the mist and mud, so will take them out early this afternoon so we all enjoy it a bit more!

One of the funny things I seem left with after the chemo is my neck and head get cold very quickly, and yesterday I was freezing walking them, so today went armed with furry hat & scarf - but managed to forget the gloves! Winter is certainly on the way isn't it[msnsad].

Any suggestions for supper, I am thinking of making cottage pie (little mince and bulked out with baked beans) as nice and warming and filling with tons of veggies, trouble is by the time I have added grated cheese on the mashed potatoes not exactly the best of meals, but lunch will be bulghar wheat with lemon dressing, salad and small portion of salmon that needs eating up. I am being good and leaving the wine to the weekend[angel].

LiesaAnna
19-10-2005, 14:18
oh Fiona you so know how to do it!!!!
postitive vibes still coming from you!!! am so glad!!!!!!!![grouphug]

yes a very well done to Carole as well!!!
surprising what your fingers pick up when your at home and not looking!![msnwink]

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 14:19
Well done to Liesa and Carole on your weight loss[clap][clap][clap]

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 14:23
Fiona, I,m making Cottage Pie for dinner tonight also, although here in Yorkshire we call it a Shepherds Pie!!!![msneek][msneek]

Why don't you forget the cheese on your bit???..or just make a smaller pie just for yourself without the cheese??
I also put lots of chopped tomatoes in mine as well as some baked beans!![msnwink]

Sharon

LiesaAnna
19-10-2005, 14:24
and chopped onions and mushrooms, i have done that before and it was yummy, so much filling that i didnt eat much of the topping!!!

julieanne
19-10-2005, 14:25
Well done Liesa [clap]
Hope you're feeling a bit better?

Fiona your cottage pie sounds lovely [msntongue]

Haven't been around much the last couple of days - just so busy at work [msnsad] [msnsad] so just catching up with everyone's news.

Macka
19-10-2005, 14:28
Fiona, I,m making Cottage Pie for dinner tonight also, although here in Yorkshire we call it a Shepherds Pie!!!![msneek][msneek]

Why don't you forget the cheese on your bit???..or just make a smaller pie just for yourself without the cheese??
I also put lots of chopped tomatoes in mine as well as some baked beans!![msnwink]

Sharon
[/quote]

Sharon,

My understanding of this pie, is that a Shepherds pie is made from lambs mince, and cottage pie from beef mince.

Let the great Shepherds pie debate begin!!

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 14:38

Sharon
[/quote]

Sharon,

My understanding of this pie, is that a Shepherds pie is made from lambs mince, and cottage pie from beef mince.

Let the great Shepherds pie debate begin!!
[/quote]

ohhhh, thats a new one on me!!! Mind you, us Yorkshire folk are somewhat different you know!![msnwink]

I,m going to ask my mum because she taught me everything I know (so its her fault)!!!

Sharon

Macka
19-10-2005, 14:41
Yes, mum's know everything.

(well not everything my mum doesn't know everything about me...Thank God.)

fiona
19-10-2005, 14:42
Mine is cottage pie!! My lot wouldn't touch lamb mince with a barge pole, fuss pots or what! They went off to junior school when the BSE crisis was at it's height and all beef was banned and only lamb. My 2 stopped eating lamb immediately and to this day will not eat it except in shish kebabs from the butcher or M&S.

Should have said mince is bulked out with onions, mushrooms, carrot, celery & tomatoes plus loads of herbs, then I add the baked beans on the top and give it a potato crust.

No cheese! As if, I will just have to allow it in my healthy extras, and be mean with the butter!

LiesaAnna
19-10-2005, 14:45
that sounds lovely Fiona, might go and make one for my hubby tonight

19-10-2005, 14:48
Well done Liesa!!![clap][clap]

Shepherds Pie

500g Minced Lamb
800g Potatoes
1 large Carrot
1 large Onion
60ml Milk
30g Butter
50g Cheddar (Mature)
200ml Beef Stock
1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 tablespoon Flour (plain)
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary (dried)
1/2 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
Salt
Black Pepper

Cottage Pie

2 lbs ground beef
1 tablespoon oil
2 onions (finely chopped)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup beef stock or bouillon
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon sage
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
5 medium potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper
[msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
19-10-2005, 14:55
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm......Piiiie....[easter1]

19-10-2005, 21:48
Been really good again today....porridge.......small bowl of Chicken salad no dressing......got even more salad for tea and a big bowl of melon and grapes[msnwink]

Also had two skinny lattes[msnwink]

Feel a loss coming on this week folks[sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty]

mizzy
19-10-2005, 22:11
Hi
thanks for pointing me in the right direction Julie
i will read all 156 pages i promise
i go to the club that does red/green days i'm not sure if you can mention which one but i lost 6lbs in 2 weeks
i am being a really good girl at the moment
i'm on a green day today so it was wholemeal toast and ginger jam for brekkie,pasta for lunch and my favourite s.w.chips,beans and egg for tea with lemon cheesecake muller yoghurt for afters !!!
i lost two and half stone a few years ago with the same club but circumstances got the better of me and i went down the slipery slope that was comfort eating
i hope i can stay on track and learn from my previous mistakes
look forward to checking in with yours and my progress
mizzy
[msnsmile2]

19-10-2005, 22:27
Mizzy, welcome glad you decided to join us[clap][clap][clap]

You can mention any club you like on here[msnwink] There are a couple of others doing green/red days too[msnsmile2]

mizzy
19-10-2005, 23:46
thanks Mach 2
for all my fellow s.w members out there you will know exactly what i mean when i say
"you cannot beat a big plate of syn free chips!!!"
[msntongue]Mizzy

Sharon G
19-10-2005, 23:56
Yes, mum's know everything.

(well not everything my mum doesn't know everything about me...Thank God.)
[/quote]

LOL....Well Macka, I,ve asked a few "locals" today whats their recipe for "Shepherds Pie"....guess what Mince beef!!! ...so at least I know its just not me who's daft....BUT I went into Sainsburys this lunchtime and sniffed their homebrand Shepherd pie out!!! Guess what !!!!......Lambs mince[msnoo][msnoo][msnoo][msneek][msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

I also rang my mum and asked her!!!! Apparently my Grandma (god bless her) always made it with mince beef as that was all they could afford back then but always called it a "shepherds Pie" anyway[msnwink][msnwink]

....its stuck ever since[msnembarrased]

Sharon

It's taken me 40 years to know that[msnembarrased]

stabard
19-10-2005, 23:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
Hi
thanks for pointing me in the right direction Julie
i will read all 156 pages i promise
i go to the club that does red/green days i'm not sure if you can mention which one but i lost 6lbs in 2 weeks
i am being a really good girl at the moment
i'm on a green day today so it was wholemeal toast and ginger jam for brekkie,pasta for lunch and my favourite s.w.chips,beans and egg for tea with lemon cheesecake muller yoghurt for afters !!!
i lost two and half stone a few years ago with the same club but circumstances got the better of me and i went down the slipery slope that was comfort eating
i hope i can stay on track and learn from my previous mistakes
look forward to checking in with yours and my progress
mizzy

[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Yep Mizzy - that was me too[msnscared] But am back to the club now and doing OK.

today I have had my museli for brekkers and some Sushi for luch ( Yes I have been to Waitrose again!!)

Can't decide what to have for tea but as time is getting on it could well end up being Ryvita and some Laughing Cow Light Cheese spread all over them - Yummy!

Think the sins may well go on a glass of vino today [beer]

stabard
19-10-2005, 23:59
Second thoughts - Can I come to yours Fiona? I love cottage and Shepherds pie so would make no odds [msnwink]

mizzy
20-10-2005, 00:14
Jan
i like to use my syns on some dessert the new magazine has a "tiramisu" to die for and if you still need a drink a nice shot of tia maria in the bottom tastes great 6 syns + 2 1/2 for alcohol
Mizzy

Sharon G
20-10-2005, 00:24
Oh I sin everyday !!![msneek][msneek]

Sharon

mizzy
20-10-2005, 00:29
everthing in moderation i say
well balanced = a dink in each hand
i can resit everthing except temptation itself or
as my mum says little pickers wear bigger nickers[:O]
mizzy

mizzy
20-10-2005, 00:38
sorry that should say a "drink" in each hand and "resist"
Not words i would usually put together but obviously i am loosing the plot!

Sharon G
20-10-2005, 00:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
sorry that should say a "drink" in each hand and "resist"
Not words i would usually put together but obviously i am loosing the plot!

[/quote]

LOL.... Mizzy you won't be by yourself !!![msnwink][msnwink]

Sharon

stabard
20-10-2005, 01:57
I am sat here now with my nice red wine sipping and enjoying [msnsmile2]
That Tiramsu sounds lovely though - all round to your house for pudding then Mizzy[easter1]

mizzy
20-10-2005, 02:08
yeah all round to my house for pudding !

i like your little chocolate eating smiley
just like your smiley i get into cold sweats when the food is saying "eat me"

i have just bought my first christmas chocolate gifts today and i have been looking longingly at them but what the heck only 9 more weigh ins until christmas [msneek]
Mizzy

Paula D-S
20-10-2005, 02:31
There is no way on earth I could buy chocolate things for Christmas now.

You see when chocolate enters my house by some way of miracle it starts to talk. I am sitting watching tv listening to the choccy calling out my name, first it whispers Paula you know you want me, it gets louder and louder as the evening progressers the only way to shut it up is to eat it.

[easter1]

fiona
20-10-2005, 03:41
Welcome Mizzy, been there got the t-shirt on everything you said! And we just love the chips - however, last time I made them they stuck very firmly to the foil - but they tasted good even if they looked a trifle anaemic!

I had just got my gym gear on (this involved trying on at least 4 different tops to see which looked the best with my cut off joggers) when phone goes, tear downstairs with clothes to change into after gym. YD on the phone - had Maths trip to Oxford, she will be dropped off at High Wycombe, can I pick her up. Ah says I, not time for me to go to gym & and get there then. No says she. So I nip back upstairs to change back into clothes suitable for being weighed in tonight - ie lightweight velvet boho skirt, top & cardie - jeans firmly put away! Down to my undies (not a pretty sight!!) when realise I have left clothes downstairs, so down again I go - don't need the gym at this rate - luckily no-one overlooks us so grab clothes and throw on, ditto make-up and get ready to hit Waitrose. Phone again - we are here! Throw myself out the door, 20 min drive to HW - pouring with rain so lucky not longer, collect her, hit Waitrose and get back with 1˝hrs before I leave for slimming world. Multi-task and chop & slice onions etc as issue instructions to YD to feed the menagerie who are pretending they haven't been fed for days, but think the mince smells better than what they are being offered and stay very close to me sniffing longingly in the air! Dogs are persuaded to eat theirs, the cat takes longer and takes a few disdainful mouthfuls of his food and decides he is not eating! Pots peeled & cooked, mince put into bowl awaiting mash crust when cooled down. Put clean bedding back on bed and change clothes into dog-walking gear - put on ancient joggers, am told by YD I am not to leave the house in them - she calls ED into room to back her up. (They have been dispatched to bin as apparently soooooooo awful no-one can see me in them EVER!!) Trinny & Susanna have nothing on them I can tell you. Change AGAIN into WTD (walking the dog) jeans and aim to have quick whip round national trust land. Slip and slide in the wet mud and get soaking wet. Get back at 6.27 and meant to be leaving at 6.30. ED wants lift into town as has turned into glamour puss in my absence and is out on the whatsit tonight. Change back into weighing clothes, chat to DH and tell him what he has to do to finish supper, and persuade him to drop off ED who is not ready 20 minutes later!

Get totally lost in Windsor trying to find the community centre in the dark. All worthwhile - LOST 2 LBS!!!!

Supper delicious and I somehow managed to get back in time for Trinny & Susanna!! Do you think tomorrow's day off is going to be as quiet and uneventful, I sometimes think I go to work for a rest!!

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 03:50
hey Fiona sounds like your having a great day!!!!

you have made me chuckle!!!!!
you have definately recovered so well now!!! and to lose 2lbs that is great!!! well done!!!!

had a very good day, have kept my fingers busy with my dolls house project!!!
i am expecting a very good weight loss next week!!!
am putting the tiles on the roof at present!!!![msnscared]

just noticed i have made my 6000th posting!![msneek][msnoo]

Macka
20-10-2005, 12:10
There is no way on earth I could buy chocolate things for Christmas now.

You see when chocolate enters my house by some way of miracle it starts to talk. I am sitting watching tv listening to the choccy calling out my name, first it whispers Paula you know you want me, it gets louder and louder as the evening progressers the only way to shut it up is to eat it.

[easter1]

[/quote]

laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Nice one Paula!

stabard
20-10-2005, 13:21
Blimey Fiona - think I have lost a pound just READING about your day[msnscared]

Well I plan to spend my day ironing all the clothes in the house ready to get packing for my trip on Saturday - Yeah California here we come!!!![clap]

julieanne
20-10-2005, 13:22
Hi Mizzy - welcome :D

Fiona you so deserve to have lost weight after all that [msnwink]

Congrats on your 6000th posting Liesa [clap]
Glad it's only a dolls house you are putting the roof tiles on - don't want you going up ladders [msnwink] [msnwink][laugh]

mizzy
20-10-2005, 13:24
Fiona
i had to laugh when reading your posting i know exactly how you feel its like something always conspires to prevent us from going or getting to class
my first few attempts at the chips were also anaemic looking until i found a really good baking tray with raised grooves and if you spray the tin directly (no foil) then they come out lovely and golden brown
well done on your 2lb loss my consultant has a 2lb synthetic blob of fat and looking at it you realise that it is quite a lot of weight to lose
if your consultant has one i'm sure you know what i mean when i say you wouldnt want it stuck on your rear end!! or anywhere else for that matter
i have younger children one is about to hit the teenage years of spots,hormones etc;and the other is nine they are both a big handful and drive me nuts
my weigh in is on monday which is a bit of a b****r as you have to be good all weekend because you dont have a few days during the week to burn off any of the weekends indulgences
i will post my weigh in on tues morning and if i dont get a 2lb loss this week i will sulk
Mizzy

:)

julieanne
20-10-2005, 13:29
Just read your profile Mizzy - you made me laugh [msnwink]

I hate sprouts too [sick]

mizzy
20-10-2005, 13:40
Thanks Julie

i was once asked a a national conference to sum up my likes and dislikes in two words one for each
like=life hates=sprouts (i should have said exercise)

Daily exercise Fiona try this a great guy to exercise with - thats if you can stop laughing first

so come on girls get off that chair and lets shake a tail feather !!
www.dailydancer.com

better than the gym but beware its addictive
mizzy[:O]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 13:44
well thats my bit of exercise done for today!!! he wore me out!!![laugh][laugh] all that feather shaking his feather!!

mizzy
20-10-2005, 13:47
Liesa
you should scroll down and get him to do his Y.M.C.A !!
well you've got to camp it up now and again haven't you?
Mizzy

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 14:30
ok will look i need a laugh!!

[laugh][laugh][laugh]very funny, but back to my tiling the dolls house roof!!![msnwink]

stabard
20-10-2005, 14:54
Crikey - that has put me back out [msnsmile2]

Back to the ironing[msnsad]

20-10-2005, 15:30
Morning all!!!!!

I have a rare morning at home today[clap][clap] Little ones have broken up for half term[msnwink]

I have so good all week that if I don't lose tomorrow I am also ging to sulk[msnsad]

if anyones wants to get sexy arms I had some exercises sent through on an ediets newsletter so take a look

http://www.edietsuk.co.uk/news/article.cfm?article_id=2126

Mizzy love the daily dancer and glad you managed to get your avatar uploaded - its very cute[msnwink]

P.S Can't stand sprouts[sick][sick][sick]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 18:14
seems easy enough Julie, mine are dreadfull

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/LiesaAnna/20051020141315_120E28CE9C-A21F-B092-D91A38E44C0C5AE8.JPG

see.........

20-10-2005, 18:48
Liesa you may have started something now, we could all stand in the same pose and post photos and compare wings LOL!!![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

mizzy
20-10-2005, 19:03
Hi Julie

i'm glad you like my avatar it is an american ham ham (hamtaro) and my daughters favourite cartoon

Liesa
i am afraid that i dont have wings i am one of those unfortunates that carry all extra baggage around the lower half!
you do not have dreadful wings by the way so dont put yourself down!
Mizzy

Macka
20-10-2005, 19:23
Are we talking about bingo wings here?

stabard
20-10-2005, 19:37
Now I am confused [msneek]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 19:47
yes theyre my bingo wings![msncry] theyre horrid!! never bothered me before but then i havent weighed 16 stone 7lbs in years and years maybe i am noticing it more now as i am trying harder!!!

Fourdents
20-10-2005, 19:48
Nice coat hanger to hang your dress on Liesa LOL [:o)][:o)] [B)][B)]

Linda

julieanne
20-10-2005, 19:52
What was the pose for Liesa???

LiesaAnna
20-10-2005, 23:10
just to show Lynne i was posing at her villa!!!![msnwink] (jadehouse)

Sharon G
20-10-2005, 23:22
just to show Lynne i was posing at her villa!!!![msnwink] (jadehouse)
[/quote]

You show off !!!![msnwink][msnwink]

Congratulations on your 6oooth posting Liesa...you chatterbox[msnsmile2]

Sharon

fiona
21-10-2005, 03:42
Now we don't want mention of bingo wings do we gals, PMA at all times!

Finally managed to get to the gym today, haven't been for 2 weeks so half killed me. Just as I had got the hand of that darn XT machine as well, now back to square one. Had to stop 3 times as got cramp in my calves, normally I only get it at night as is side effect of my blood pressure pills, so didn't have the quinine with me. And as luck would have it my trainer was there and collared me on my way out, was I happy with the routine etc. Asked if I had had my body fat measured, told him no and like I wanted to know what! He says we don't have to tell you, just ask next time you come. He must be joking, no way do I want that, I can the evidence for myself matey. Also ran out of puff very easily, but perhaps because I had had no lunch - wasn't hungry so didn't eat any, and was starving when I came out, luckily had bought an apple and banana with me, and had YD to collect so no chance of having cappochino and cake! Had v late lunch of bulghar wheat salad and hard boiled egg and spag bog & salad for supper.

I like the arm exercises, could I do with them or what. 3 ops on the left area inside of 12 months are doing wonders for the flab. Unfortunately since having the lymph nodes removed no weight bearing exercises for me, but I wonder if 2lb weights would do much harm, perhaps I had better check out with the doc before I start. Legs & behind are toning up nicely but steps and bike is all I do at the gym, so deadly boring, even when accompanied by my ipod! Perhaps swmming twice a week would be helpful, and the pilates is a killer on the tum muscles.

ED is now back on the SW diet with me, so we are spending all the time comparing syn values and looking things up!

Have a good Friday peeps, at work so can only eat what I take with me!

LiesaAnna
21-10-2005, 11:31
well done Fiona!!! maybe use smaller weights for the arms, and build up to the 2lbs, you dont want to go doing anything that will cause stress to your left side?

i like the bit about "toning up" makes me laugh!! it will take me so long to tone my big bum!!! but no there wont be a photo of it!!

feeling very positive about losing weight, i am so desperate not to put it back on what i have lost so far!!![msneek]i will soon be going to the gym!!! its to much when your as big as me cos it would be to much strain on my joints, but will build up nicely!!![msnscared]

21-10-2005, 12:16
My dumb bells are 6kg (13.2lbs) and 7kg (15.4lbs) so a touch heavier than 2-3 lbs[msneek] I do upper arms exercises with them all the time too!! But then I am a tall strong girl!

I have decided not to weigh in this week even though I know I have lost, I have been an [angel] except last night we went out for tea and although I did not go OTT or have pudding I just want to keep my motivation up so weigh in for me will be next Friday[clap][clap]

Well done Fiona[clap][clap][clap] and all this weeks losers[msnwink]

Have a good weekend all[msnsmile2]

julieanne
21-10-2005, 13:17
My weigh in will be next Friday too - but I won't care what the results are as it's the day before I set off [clap] [clap] [clap]

Will try and be good at the weekend and will definately be good next week - up till Friday anyway [msnwink] [msnwink]

Macka
21-10-2005, 14:27
Everyone seems to be doing very well. I think it's about time I started eating less now, the cigarette urge has pretty well gone now other than one or two pangs a day but they're not too bad at all really. At the risk of tempting providence I think I've cracked it.[msntongue]

If it moved I ate it for the last fortnight, and I think I put on about 7 pounds, but our scales don't seem accurate, so I'm going to judge it on how tight my trousers are[msnsmile2]. They only just fit at the moment around my waste.[drinkbeer]

mizzy
21-10-2005, 15:35
Fiona
have you registered for sw online you can get all syn values on their website dm me if you need this weeks password

i am really impressed with all this "gym work" sometimes the only exercise i get is cleaning up after the kids

but wait! i lie! this morning 1 got onto my gazelle walker/skier for a quick 20 mins and the computer display says i have done 2 miles and burned off 240 calories thats the 2nd time for me this week

now the tricky part is not to undo this good work by having lge mocha coffee/sticky toffee muffin when at the shops later or i'll regret it at mondays weigh in
Mizzy
[easter1]

fiona
21-10-2005, 16:20
I am registered Mizzy but was in and out so quickly this week don't have the password, so will dm you! Ned to look up mini magnum as we all had one last night - only 2 left tonight so can't have one unless both the daughters are out!!

Have walked the hounds, had wholemeal toast & marmite for brekkies with black tea and brought in bulghar wheat salad and cottage cheese, supper is to be jacket pots and tuna & v low fat mayo with kidney beans.[angel] Not sure if I have time after walking hounds second time this pm to hit the gym or swim, if I do think I can allow myself a glass of wine.[sporty] Difficult to power walk round the field at the moment as it is so wet underfoot, and the park that has a concrete path on also is famous for flashers[msnmad], and after an encounter there 15 years ago with toddler in buggy and felt quite powerless don't wish to put myself in vulnerable position - particularly as it gets dark! But once the clocks go back will be pounding the streets with them or down to the local park which is in the town centre - and near all the fireworks which started last night with a 45 min display at 8.00pm[msncry] - cue quaking miserable dogs & cat and so loud we couldn't hear the tv!!

Macka if you have made up your mind to start the diet there is tons you can eat - fill up on pasta with veggie sauces and tons of salad, or if you prefer meat days have spag bog with little pasta and lots of meat & a salad - same applies for chilli, any form of stew. Cut out things like pastry except as an occasional treat. Make sure you have lots of fruit around for when you get the munchies, and if you like carrots or celery have plenty of them in the fridge!

stabard
21-10-2005, 16:33
Well done everyone [clap][clap]
The only exercise I am going to be getting in the nmext couple of days is lugging my suitcase round Heathrow [msnsmile2]

Wish me luck on my hols - must NOT put on any weight while away as I want that bikini on by Christmas!!!

May catch you later but if not see you all in 2 weeks :D:D:D

" If you are going to San Fran Cisco la la la la la la ......." [msnsmile2]

Macka
21-10-2005, 16:36
Thanks Fiona,

To be quite honest I'm quite lucky, in that I don't think I'd need to diet that heavily to lose a bit of weight, just show a bit of self control and not stuff myself, coupled with a bit of exercise. I don't need to lose much, in fact I think a bit of extra padding suits me as I've always been a bit od a twig. I just need to get rid of my amazing expanding belly.[msnwink]. I just hope I can display the willpower you guys have.

fiona
21-10-2005, 16:58
Have a wonderful hols Jan, would love to do that trip sometime. Surely it is difficult to find anything fattening in La-La land??[msnwink] We'll be waiting for pics of the stick insect then[msntongue]!

mizzy
21-10-2005, 17:03
Macka

it really is a fantastic way to lose weight i never really consider myself on a diet because at sw they say you should eat to satisfy your appetite

and i have a big appetite so much so my husband keeps saying "should you be eating that i thought you where on a diet" i just smile and say YES

its more about choosing the right healthy foods filling up on these and limiting the fast/high sugar foods to syns
i have lost 6lbs in two weeks and i know that i have lost again this week because i can feel it around my waist (keep having to pull my jeans up!)

good luck with whatever you decide to do i'm sure we will all support you in your efforts[grouphug]

and WOW Jan you are soo lucky sanfrancisco -will there be flowers in your hair ?[msnsmile2]

Macka
21-10-2005, 18:03
I left my heart,(doodle doodeedoodedooo) in San Fransisco.(doodle doodeedoodedooo)
High on hill,(doodle doodeedoodedooo) she calls to me.
To be where little cable cars, climb halfway to the stars....etc.[^]

stabard
21-10-2005, 19:54
[msnsmile2] Well the Flower Power will be followed with a bit of Viva Las Vegas.

Bags are all packed - photos will follow when I get back. TTFN

Macka
21-10-2005, 19:57
Have a lovely time Jan & lee.

paul.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
21-10-2005, 21:37
wishing you a fab time Jan and Lee [clap][clap][clap][clap]

22-10-2005, 13:55
Be good everyone, the weekend is here and its so easy to go off track[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
22-10-2005, 14:49
feel even more determined then ever before now!!!!![angel][angel]

Sharon G
22-10-2005, 15:31
Have a fantastic time Jan

[msnsmile2]

philgrove
22-10-2005, 15:56
Hi Karen here, is it ok if i join your club?

Have nearly read all 159 pages and i feel i could do with a little support myself at the moment.

Have used most slimming clubs or diets over the past 7 years. When we came back from Florida in may i was ready to start ANOTHER diet again!!!

I did nothing until the end of August when i decided to forget dieting and concentrate on eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.
I have now lost 1 stone 2lbs[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2].

I am so pleased with myself as people have started to notice my weight loss.
I would like to try and loose another stone so have taken up MORE walking.
Lacey (youngest) has just started Pre-school so i hope to do a little swimming to help me on my way.

My brother is getting married in January and we have to wear evening dress so this is my target at tne moment.

Karen.[msnsmile]

fiona
22-10-2005, 16:11
Welcome Karen and of course you can join, the more the merrier, and we all encourage each other. Great idea to have a target, and think of the smaller size you are going to be able to get into!

philgrove
22-10-2005, 16:27
Thanks for the welcome Fiona. My weigh in will be Friday.

Like the idea of that extra support and also from people who are in the same
boat!
Just off to make my ham salad roll for my lunch. Thanks again.

Karen.[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
22-10-2005, 16:29
welcome Karen, its great to have so many "members" as you can see when you read the 159 pages i have lost weight, something seemed to click when i had the minor surgery on my knee, have lost over 2 stone with the nurse since january!! taken a long time, but hey i dont care how long it takes as long as the dial goes down each week rather then up!![msneek]

Macka
22-10-2005, 17:25
yes Hello Karen and welcome. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

philgrove
22-10-2005, 17:37
Thanks everyone for the lovely Welcomes.

Just going out now for a walk with the kids. Its the only way to get Lacey to have a sleep(3years next month but gets very stroppy if she doesnt get a sleep,so have to take her out in the stroller)

Isnt it amazing when something "Does just click" and you think "oh thats where i have been going wrong ".
THats how i felt at the end of August when i thought "forget diets and concentrate on eating HEALTHLY and doing a little bit more exercise.(in my case walking)

Congratulations Liesa and all the other members on your weight loss.
My main problem is tearing myself away from this site to do my walking!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
Karen[msnsmile]

mizzy
22-10-2005, 18:23
Hi Karen

i am new to the ov slimming club also
everyone seems really nice and have made me very welcome

its great to have the support and its super-duper great for temptation

mainly because you cant type and get a biscuit out of the packet at the same time:D

my weigh ins monday night but ive done my exercise and eaten healthy so i'm expecting a loss will post news either good or bad on tues morning
Mizzy

Sharon G
22-10-2005, 18:46
Welcome Karen.

I,ve lost nearly 1 stone now and its great for the support on here and you'll make lots of new friends!![msnwink][msncool][msncool]

philgrove
22-10-2005, 19:07
My goodness you are all so friendly, far better than the snooty slim clubs round where i live.[msnsmile2]

Mizzy thats why i spend so much time on the computer cause Phil wont let any food or drink near his computer.

Just came back from my walk and feel great,sun is out kids are happy and i feel i have made some new friends today.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2].

Karen.[msnsmile]

Paula D-S
22-10-2005, 20:30
Hi Karen,

Welcome to the club. You will get loads of support on here. I have a three year old and I used to love going for walks with her in her pram, however she is "a big girl now" and won't get in it anymore, so our little walks at the moment are snail paced.

mizzy
22-10-2005, 20:34
Karen

my other half doesn't know one end of the computer from the keyboard to the mouse!

i said "darling ive joined a forum" and he replied "great but dont go having any of that cyber s**, i've heard that it leaves keyboard imprints on your bum and i'm not paying for the computer if you go and break it" [:O]

he can be so sarcastic at times!!
i'm so glad we got sky sports because then at least i get some peace

i go to a slimming world group and the people there are great (not snotty at all)
there is only one problem one of the ladies that weighs me works in the local shop so theres no popping in for a choccie bar or packet of crisps and the next shop is over a one hour walk away

well im going to sign off and prepare my tea - gammon with a honey and mustard crust and roasted vegetables followed by cherry bakewell yoghurt yummy [msntongue]

mizzy

22-10-2005, 20:49
Hi Karen and another warm welcome from me!!!

I don't have that much to lose but I have lost 10lbs since Jan but I am on track to lose some more before Xmas[msnwink]

My youngest has just started nursery and so I have got a job during school hours and that has really helped[msnwink]

I am a little more relaxed at weekends and I find that keeps me going throughout the week[msnwink]

Having a spinach and ricotta pizza (just a slice) and salad for tea tonight[msnwink]

[sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty][sporty]

philgrove
22-10-2005, 21:01
Thanks for the welcome Paula,Lacey wont always get in her buggy but yesterday i had to go and buy a new one and she loves it.
We do a fair bit of walking,school runs ,playschool runs etc and always running out of time so she will go in the buggy to school ect but always has to walk back.

My exercise time is when i want her to have a sleep and i pop her in and walk for miles .

I feel my weight loss so far has been more due to the walking rather than anything else.

I work in a nursing home and we have just moved to new purpose built building that is massive, wore my pedometer and on a 12 hour day shift walked 9miles just round the building!!!!. Now thats got to help.

Mizzy your tea sounds lovely ,we are having Steak ,low fat chips,mushrooms,onions and corn on the cob.IM HUNGRY NOW have to wait about another hour at least.

Karen[msnsmile]

philgrove
22-10-2005, 21:36
I was always very skinny and at 5ft 2ins had that"tiny" label.
When younger my eating habits were awful id say i was full up,or that i had already eaten

I never had a huge appetite. On my 18th birthday i wore a beautiful red dress but it was only an AGE 12!!!!!

I went through a stage where i wouldnt eat at all, then i worried my parents of course.
I then had the idea of eating and then throwing it all back up 5mins later[msnembarrased].

I then met my wonderful husband to be and would eat but then FORGET TO THROW UP.
If i think about it the best thing i ever forgot to do[msnsmile].

After having my lovely childrn,William 7 in Dec and Lacey 3 next month i put on about 3 stone.
So now is the right time for me. (ifeel thats what the key is The Right Time For You.)

I look at the slimmer people i work with and watch how they eat and they eat "LIttle and Often".

So i now eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks and walk as much as i can and it is working as i have like i said lost 1stone 2lbs since end of August.
I think i would like to loose another stone then see how it goes. Have to be careful as idont want to be like i was when i was younger.

I havent cut anything out (as yet)which is probably why i will stick to this healthy eating..
Although my target is my brothers's wedding in january my aim is to feel comfortable in my evening dress rather than say i must loose this much by then.
DO you think that is a good attitude to have or not??

I must stay on the computer for at least another 15 mins or i will head straight for the kitchen!!!

Karen[msnsmile]

Fourdents
22-10-2005, 22:27
THE RULES OF DIETING
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

1. If you eat something and nobody sees you eating, it has no calories

Linda

Fourdents
22-10-2005, 22:33
I am pleased to announce that I can now take off my trousers
(Macka....no comments please [B)][msnsmile2])

Without undoing the buttons and zip !!

My GP weighed me yesterday and I am half a stone lighter than I was in the summer "HURRAY"

Quite an achievement for me as it don't disappear very easy !

Linda

22-10-2005, 22:36
Well done Linda[clap][clap][clap][clap]

Sharon G
22-10-2005, 22:52
Linda, thats great news!!! Well done[clap][clap]

Karen, I think you've got a very good attitude and I personally aim for certain dates. I wanted to lose weight for my holiday in 3 weeks time and then when I come home I'll have to get back on track as it'll only be 4 months to my wedding!!!

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

I,ve just had some Salmon and lots of fresh vegetables followed by a fresh fruit salad!!!....oh and just the one glass of Pimms!![msnwink]

Fourdents
22-10-2005, 23:56
Rules of Dieting
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

2. If you drink a diet coke with a mars bar the calories in a mars bar are cancelled out by the diet coke.

LiesaAnna
23-10-2005, 00:09
thats good!!! .............i dont like coke![msnembarrased]

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 01:17
Rules of Dieting
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

3. When you eat with someone else, the calories don't count if you don't eat more than they do !

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Linda

LiesaAnna
23-10-2005, 03:03
phew!!!!!!!![msneek] thats handy to know, [msnwink]

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 03:13
Rules of Dieting

4. Food used for medicinal purposes never count - such as hot chocolate, brandy and Sara Lee cheesecake.

Linda

LiesaAnna
23-10-2005, 03:27
phew!!!!!! again!! have to have medicine constantly!!!

fiona
23-10-2005, 05:12
Oh keep these up Linda, this is hilarious![:o)]

Of course mega rule - goes without saying that anything not on the diet that you eat and don't write down doesn't count![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

... so that was 2 glasses of wine, a Twirl, a chocolate eclair, panecotta ..... gosh did I eat ANYTHING that is actually on the diet??[msnwink] Off with her head then - or certainly OFF TO THE GYM tomorrow as penance.

Macka
23-10-2005, 09:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
I am pleased to announce that I can now take off my trousers
(Macka....no comments please [B)][msnsmile2])

Without undoing the buttons and zip !!

My GP weighed me yesterday and I am half a stone lighter than I was in the summer "HURRAY"

Quite an achievement for me as it don't disappear very easy !

Linda
[/quote]

Moi?[msnwink]

23-10-2005, 13:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Oh keep these up Linda, this is hilarious![:o)]

Of course mega rule - goes without saying that anything not on the diet that you eat and don't write down doesn't count![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

... so that was 2 glasses of wine, a Twirl, a chocolate eclair, panecotta ..... gosh did I eat ANYTHING that is actually on the diet??[msnwink] Off with her head then - or certainly OFF TO THE GYM tomorrow as penance.
[/quote]

Fiona it sounds a bit like my Sat night[msnembarrased]

Well I do relax a bit at weekends would not dream of being so naughty in the week[msnwink]

philgrove
23-10-2005, 14:35
I also heard that if you eat anything outside your house it does not COUNT.

[msnwink]
Karen

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 15:34
Rules of Dieting
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

5. If you fatten everyone around you, you look thinner:D

Linda

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 15:41
Moi?[msnwink]
[/quote]

Toi, Macka est tres gentil de n'avoir pas dit un mot ! sauf "Moi?"

Merci mon ami Macka pour ton comprehension...I think! I got that right?

Linda

Sharon G
23-10-2005, 16:26

Moi?[msnwink]
[/quote]

Linda
[/quote]
...my French was never any good!!! Come on what have you said to him????[msnwink][msnwink]

Sharon G
23-10-2005, 16:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by philgrove
I also heard that if you eat anything outside your house it does not COUNT.

[msnwink]
Karen
[/quote]

...thats ok then!!! I,m eating out all day today[msnwink][msnwink]

mizzy
23-10-2005, 18:16
another rule of dieting

:D:D:D:D:D

if you eat food from someones elses plate this doesnt count either

:D:D:D:D:D

Mizzy[easter1]

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 18:59
Rules of Dieting

6. Broken biscuits contain NO calories...because the process of breaking up causes calorie leakage

Linda

Macka
23-10-2005, 19:42

Moi?[msnwink]
[/quote]

Linda
[/quote]
...my French was never any good!!! Come on what have you said to him????[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

I think she said I'm kind for not saying a word, thanks for understanding my friend.[msntongue]

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 19:54
Well done Mac !

Another french word for you......

REGIME !:D:D:D:D

Linda

Fourdents
23-10-2005, 19:58
Rules of Dieting

7. Food licked off knives and spoons have no calories if you are in the process of making something. eg. jam on a knife whilst making a sandwich or ice cream from a spoon whilst making a sundae.

Linda

23-10-2005, 21:36
BATHROOM SCALE DIET TRICKS

1. Weigh yourself fully clothed after dinner and again the next morning without clothes and before breakfast, because it's nice to see how much weight you've lost overnight!

2. Never weigh yourself with wet hair.

3. When weighing, remove everything, including eyeglasses. In this case, blurred vision is an asset. Don't forget to remove jewelry as it could weigh as much as a pound!

4. Buy only cheap scales, never the medical kind. Accuracy is the enemy and high quality scales are very accurate.

5. Always go to the bathroom first.

6. Weigh yourself after a haircut, this is good for up to half a pound of hair (hopefully).

7. Exhale with all your might BEFORE stepping onto the scale. (Air has weight, right?)

8. Start out with just one foot on the scale, then holding onto a towel rod slowly edge your other foot onto the scale while slowly releasing the towel rod. Admittedly, this takes time, but it's worth it. You will weigh at least two pounds less than if you'd stepped onto the scale normally.

LiesaAnna
23-10-2005, 22:40
this is what i do all the time!!! (joke)

Paula D-S
24-10-2005, 00:47
Must admit I always weigh myself before the shower. If I get out and I've forgot I won't step on the scales whilst my hair is wet.

mizzy
24-10-2005, 01:01
i was once going to a slimming class where the lady in front of me getting weighed didnt like the outcome so she stormed off to the toilets

and came back a few minutes later in just her underwear[:O]

to be weighed again

apparently she only needed to lose two more pounds to reach her target

i'd rather keep my clothes on and weigh more

and i still dont know if she made that target

LiesaAnna
24-10-2005, 01:12
[laugh][laugh][laugh] bless her, we know how desperate she must've felt!!!!

24-10-2005, 01:14
I am the same always weigh first thing in the morning after a wee, naked[msnembarrased]

Macka
24-10-2005, 11:55
I am the same always weigh first thing in the morning after a wee, naked[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

[msnembarrased]

24-10-2005, 12:00
[/quote]

[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Sorrry! Too much information??[msnwink]

julieanne
24-10-2005, 12:37
Last few days for me to be good [msnwink] [msnwink]
But I think I've blown it cos I had a really naughty weekend [msnembarrased] [msnembarrased]

Macka
24-10-2005, 12:38
No, no,... it's interesting to hear folk's regime's when they get up in the morning.[msneek]...

Paula D-S
24-10-2005, 12:47
Got up, had a wee[msnembarrased], got weighed, naked[msnembarrased] beore shower..........Lost 2lbs I didn't get weighed last week so that's 4lbs off now[msnsmile2]

Macka
24-10-2005, 12:54
It's hotting up in here isn't it? Julie's had a really naughty weekend,
Julie and Paula both naked in the morning? Whatever next?[:O]

24-10-2005, 13:04
Got up, had a wee[msnembarrased], got weighed, naked[msnembarrased] beore shower..........Lost 2lbs I didn't get weighed last week so that's 4lbs off now[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Paula well done that's great news[clap][clap][clap]

Glad I'm not the only one[msnembarrased]

24-10-2005, 13:07
It's hotting up in here isn't it? Julie's had a really naughty weekend,
Julie and Paula both naked in the morning? Whatever next?[:O]

[/quote]

You never know Macka[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
24-10-2005, 13:22
[:O][:O][:O]

[msnembarrased]

(Do tell..[msntongue])

Fourdents
24-10-2005, 13:34
Rules of Dieting

8. Food of the same colour have the same number of calories....e.g. Spinach ...Pistachio Ice-Cream

Here endeth the Golden Rule Book

Linda

REGIME = DIET

Macka
24-10-2005, 13:50
Rules of Dieting

8. Food of the same colour have the same number of calories....e.g. Spinach ...Pistachio Ice-Cream

Here endeth the Golden Rule Book

Linda

REGIME = DIET
[/quote]

Gives new meaning to a military Regime eh?[msnsmile2]

Sharon G
24-10-2005, 16:01
Lose a stone overnight??????

...Cut your one of your arms off!!![msntongue][msntongue]

I must admit I weigh myself with nothing on and first thing in the morning! ...I must remember next time though to close the bedroom curtains[msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

LiesaAnna
24-10-2005, 16:52
well done Paula!![clap]

i weigh myself (no not naked my scales are in the kitchen!!) in a nighty, as sometimes i wear big heavy denim skirts and others its flimsy cotton skirts so i try and keep to a nighty!!:D

am feeling very positive, i have just got myself an interview for a job tomorrow!! my first in 25 years!!!
carer for the elderly in their own homes!!!![clap]

Macka
24-10-2005, 16:58
Go Leisa! Good Luck!!!

LiesaAnna
24-10-2005, 16:59
thanks Macka!!

24-10-2005, 17:18
Good luck Liesa!!!!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]

julieanne
24-10-2005, 18:04
Good luck Liesa :)

fiona
24-10-2005, 18:11
I can see you being really good at that Liesa they want someone who can natter away to anyone as well as all the obvious other bits, which if you've brought up a family we know all about, good luck!

LiesaAnna
24-10-2005, 19:18
thankyou, [msnwink]

Sharon G
24-10-2005, 19:50
[msnsmile2]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
well done Paula!![clap]

i weigh myself (no not naked my scales are in the kitchen!!) in a nighty, as sometimes i wear big heavy denim skirts and others its flimsy cotton skirts so i try and keep to a nighty!!:D

am feeling very positive, i have just got myself an interview for a job tomorrow!! my first in 25 years!!!
carer for the elderly in their own homes!!!![clap]
[/quote]

oh Liesa, thats great news....Best of luck [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
24-10-2005, 21:07
thank you i think!![msneek][msneek][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msncry]

Paula D-S
24-10-2005, 22:41
Good luck Liesa. Will you be allowed internet access whilst working[msnwink]

mizzy
25-10-2005, 00:09
well i said that i would post my weight loss

i have just been to be weighed and it was a very bloomin poor 1/2 lb loss

i am very p***ed off as i have been such a good girl loads of exercise and no naughty foods

so weight loss to date = 6 1/2 lbs

i need cheering up

Mizzy

[msncry]

25-10-2005, 00:32
Its a loss that's all that matters, slow is good, just keep at it!!![sporty][sporty][sporty]

fiona
25-10-2005, 01:04
Better off than on Mizzy, and it's only half a pound when you put it on, but is something to celebrate when you lose it. Also, remember that half pound of fat from Slimming world? Every little helps so well done, and keep going and you will have a good weight loss next week.

I will be weighing in tomorrow, only 6 days after last one, and seeing as I had a seafood weekent (see food and eat it) have been v good today - hardboiled egg for brekkies, plate of beans, peas & broad beans for lunch and tomato pasta for supper - and no wine!![angel] Bet I will have lost bog all though after that attack of the munchies!

Sharon G
25-10-2005, 02:52
Mizzy....your doing well even with 1/2 lb off !!!!...don't give in.

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 03:04
well done Mizzy
as all have said much better off then on!!!

25-10-2005, 10:25
Had a bad day yesterday but going to be an [angel] today[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 12:36
was very good yesterday back on my favourite dish, pasta with tuna/tomatoes chopped/oinion
lovely, i prefer cold from the fridge! ooooo cant wait for dinnertime!!

Sharon G
25-10-2005, 15:50
Doing really well so far this week but heck its only Tuesday!!!!![msncry][msncry]

Going away today, for a few days, with the kids for half term, so wish me luck!![msnscared][msnscared]

25-10-2005, 16:03
Doing really well so far this week but heck its only Tuesday!!!!![msncry][msncry]

Going away today, for a few days, with the kids for half term, so wish me luck!![msnscared][msnscared]

[/quote]

Good luck Sharon, wish I had gone away for half term now its a washout so far[msnsad]

Sharon G
25-10-2005, 16:28
Yes its pouring down here Julie!!!!...off to sunnier climates!!(hopfully)[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 17:13
not so bad here in Brighton, altho a bit windy!!

am still being very good, and my denim skirts now annoying me, its to big around the waist!! but nice and comfy not at all tight on the hips/bum, i have to get my act together with this dieting because i really do need new clothes now! i want to wear jeans havent worn them since i had my first child 25 years ago, and then not for long because i had to have the zip held up with a saftey pin!![msnscared] those were the days!![laugh]

Paula D-S
25-10-2005, 20:01
How di you get on at your interview Liesa. Hope it went well.

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 20:45
well yes it did, i am to go for inductions next week, and i am going for a sort of trial on thursday morning to see whats to be done with 2 other ladies, so all in all i think i did well, the good thing was i'm not a child any more as i was when at 16 i had to go for job interviews and felt so intimidated!! i was petrified, whereas now so ....... if i dont get the job i dont care there will plenty of others out there!!! and i wasnt scared or nervous one little bit!!! its great being a grown up!!!![msnwink]

Paula D-S
25-10-2005, 20:51
I like to be a grown up too, just wish I had the body I had when I was 16.

Glad it went well for you Liesa.[msnsmile2]

Macka
25-10-2005, 21:00
In all seriousness, I absolutely, utterly refuse to grow up.

Well doene Leisa..[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 21:07
i dont wanna grow up ......... yet! all in good time, never had a great body when i was 16 but it was certainly better then what it is now!! wish i listened to my mum!! she told me to lose the weight after my first baby cos it will get harder as i got older!! i remember thinking what does she know!![msnwink] (in a nice way)

25-10-2005, 21:10
Well done Liesa, it all sounds very positive[clap][clap][clap]

I never want to grow up, I don't look my age (so I have been told) and I def don't act it[msnscared]

I am sitting her with a tight Minnie Mouse T shirt on with sparkly bits on it and some jeans that also have sparkly bit on, and my 16 y/o borrows many of my clothes (proof indeed that I am a trendy Mummy), LOL!!!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

LiesaAnna
25-10-2005, 21:17
good for you Julie, thats exactly how i would like to have been if i was a couple of sizes donw!! which i will be this time next year!!! very very positive with my weight even if i dont lose this wee, my eating is good!! my pain is less then ever before so i am very active/mobile!!!!
am so happy!!!! when i shut my eyes i am a size 16, never expected to get any smaller then that and have got away with 16/18 vest tops before!!!!

25-10-2005, 21:19
good for you Julie, thats exactly how i would like to have been if i was a couple of sizes donw!! which i will be this time next year!!! very very positive with my weight even if i dont lose this wee, my eating is good!! my pain is less then ever before so i am very active/mobile!!!!
am so happy!!!! when i shut my eyes i am a size 16, never expected to get any smaller then that and have got away with 16/18 vest tops before!!!!
[/quote]

I am so proud of you Liesa, you have got it now and you will succeed and you will be wearing jeans very soon[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

Macka
25-10-2005, 21:44
We could have a wet T-shirt competition , how cool would that be? [msnsmile2] (in an artistic, and non shallow way of course)[msneek]

25-10-2005, 22:17
We could have a wet T-shirt competition , how cool would that be? [msnsmile2] (in an artistic, and non shallow way of course)[msneek]
[/quote]

Behave Paul[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]