Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Esta - passport upload issue

Florida Junior

Esta - passport upload issue

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the upload passport area of the ESTA application. I have tried at least 30 times with a variety of different photos with no success.

Seriously stressing about it.

Any tips please.

Does this help

Selecting the "UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT" button will access the camera on your device, allowing you to photograph the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) located at the bottom portion of your Passport’s biographic page (see SAMPLE PASSPORT). For accurate results, make sure the MRZ is contained within the full width of the photograph and the photograph is not blurry. After successful completion of the photograph, your Passport's biographic information will be populated in the corresponding fields of the application. If a camera was not detected, then you will be able to select and upload an image of your Passport's Machine Readable Zone (MRZ). File types for uploading are limited to gif, png, jpg, and jpeg. After successful completion of the upload, your biographic information will be populated in the corresponding fields of the application.

I think you can just enter the information manually if you are having problems with the upload.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 08-06-2019 at 09:39.
    Gerry and Sue

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    I must have missed this as I use the main application site and have simply added the details from the passports with no requirement to upload/scan them. Is this a new option?
    Graham

Are you on the official site? I helped someone with application recently there was no upload of passport info.

Quote Originally Posted by E J Carter View Post
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the upload passport area of the ESTA application. I have tried at least 30 times with a variety of different photos with no success.

Seriously stressing about it.

Any tips please.

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Are you on the official site? I helped someone with application recently there was no upload of passport info.
    Check as above COST is $ 14 per person ............ Un oficial SITES COST a Lot more

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I didn't reply as I thought maybe things had changed since I last applied as definitely no upload passport in official site
    Christine

When I updated ours on the last occasion, on the official site (with the usual rate), there was the choice to put the info in manually into the boxes, passport number etc, or use the camera on my laptop to photo the machine readable area and that would then fill all the info boxes in automatically (a blue button at the top right of page 2). As I remember the photo didn't work and I filled the boxes in manually.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 10-06-2019 at 18:59.
    Gerry and Sue