Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flight Deals and what would you call a "good price"

Virgin have some good mid week sale prices to Miami over the winter, - lots under £500 for economy.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Is World traveller plus equivalent to Virgin Premium Economy? Been looking at end April into May and that is coming up at £1300 , their sale only covers dates to end March.
    Yes, it's the BA equivalent.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I would be very reluctant to fly with Thomson again after the two long delays we had in May and also we like to go for 3 weeks at a time and Thomsons will only do 1 week, 2 weeks and sometimes 10 days but I have never found longer than 2 weeks.

Sue
    We have been for 3 weeks with Thomson, there are fewer 3 week late booking flights but they do have some.
    Lyn

Been a while (2014) since last in Orlando so took the punt and booked flights for next year. BA were doing return flights for £560, so I booked flights for my wife and I which I thought was really good deal as it is less than I have paid on my last 2 or 3 trips. On top of that, I got £120 off the total bill by using my Avios points. I really think that air fares will start to creep up in line with oil price and Brexit thingy. Also, little point in booking out of Ireland, as you have additional costs associated with that leg.
    Bottom line is, when you see the price you are happy with, grab it. As more often than not, this is the best deal. Once booked, do not look at prices again for that trip.
    Last edited by BIGEYE; 05-12-2016 at 19:16.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGEYE View Post
    Once booked, do not look at prices again for that trip.
    Oh how I agree with this! It's only going to be irritating.
    Mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    Also, little point in booking out of Ireland, as you have additional costs associated with that leg..
    I respectfully beg to differ there.

On average, Economy flights to MCO from DUB on my preferred airline are around £200-250 per passenger cheaper than from my local UK airport (and Business Class prices are often around half the cost). For October next year, for example, fares are around the £375 mark on many dates.

Obviously there are some additional costs to get there and it's not for everybody but the more people in a party the more worthwhile it becomes.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 06-12-2016 at 03:54.

Florida Expert
    We have booked flights with virgin for Aug / Sep next year £440 each direct into Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley S View Post
    We have booked flights with virgin for Aug / Sep next year £440 each direct into Orlando
    There you go, it is what you are happy with. I found the same flights yesterday that I already have for £415, gutted. As far as Ireland goes, in our circumstances, we would also need an overnight hotel.

Gold 5 Star Member
    As far as Ireland goes, in our circumstances, we would also need an overnight hotel.
    Fair comment.

It works best for Premium/Business Class flights and where you have a family party. I agree that for 2 passengers in Economy it's close call especially when an overnight stop is required but it's always work a look at fares from Ireland and other European cities IME.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 09-12-2016 at 06:14.