Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Paid deposit for Villa and now very nervous

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Savvy

Paid deposit for Villa and now very nervous

I paid a deposit for a villa through one of the sites on here in January for 29 October for 15 nights. In April the owner emailed to say they were selling and gave the new owners name and that the management company will be in touch regarding the balance nearer the date when it was due. As I hadn't heard from them I emailed them to ask if my booking was still ok etc and was assured by the management company that it was and that they'd be back in touch with me nearer the date my balance was due. It was due to be paid last week and no one got I touch with me so I emailed the management company again and she said they'd thought the owner would have contacted me before now.

The owner has now been in touch by email and sent a another booking form for the balance. There is a difference in price from the original agreement for pool heating and refundable deposit which I've sent to them and asked them to agree to the prices in the original (lower) contract. Also I paid my deposit by UK cheque (as was originally asked for) now I'm being asked to pay in dollars by money orders or bank draft which I've never done before. Also in the original email there was a website address for the villa which is now no longer active. The villa name has also changed from time of booking. I'm a wee bit nervous about all of this. I'd appreciate any advice you can possible give. Thank you.
    Last edited by thistle1314; 26-08-2014 at 20:34.
    Helen