I would appreciate advice. We are staying in a villa in Orlando for 2 week stay..... we are halfway through the holiday. When we arrived the pool and Jacuzzi were very cold. (it is october) pool heating was included in the price agreed up front with the villa owner.... we have had good communication with the owner. The mangment company got someone out to look at the pool and then it became clear that it needed replacing get so the owner arranged for several quotes. He is having to replace the pool heater at some considerable expense... obviously we are very dissapointed. He has offered for us to stay a few extra days but we don't have flexible flights. It was important to us that we had a pool as our young adult son is holidaying with us and particularly a Jacuzzi as I have a medical condition which benefits from the warm water (although I didn't mention to the owner )...what if anything could we expect from the owner as recompense for the lack of heating in the pool. ? We tried to use it with cold water but it's just too cold to sit in the Jacuzzi and even our bold son couldn't fully immerse in the pool.... advice welcome....PS .the owner has been very friendly and helpful.