We were due to fly out of Orlando on the 11th September 2001. We didn't watch the television that morning and after packing,we had the bell hop come and pick up our luggage to store at the Disneys Beach Club resort. We had been staying there as it was before we owned the villa. We planned to have a last walk round Epcot before the taxi came to pick us up to take us to MCO.
We entered Epcot through the International Gateway and turned right towards France. There was no one around and we thought it was just because we had gone through the side route.The staff at the gate didn't say anything ( we later realised they may not have known what was happening) There was no one about until we got to the American pavillion. There was a lady at the pin stall and I stopped to talk to her. I told her that we were going home that day.
" You don't know?" she said " We are under attack. All planes are grounded indefinitely"

Just after she said this a group of suited, Disney staff came out from the buildings behind and said that the park had to be evacuated immediately. We were told to make our way back to the resorts where they said we would be safe.
Back at the Beach club, the lobby was full of people trying to phone relatives and arranging to get taxis to get home if they could.
The staff were very kind to us and we were allowed to stay as guests, free of charge until we were able to get a flight home. (5 days later)

The park was closed all day but the following night we went back into Epcot when the firewroks were on and listened to "WE go On" The music at the end of reflections of Earth. I cannot describe the atmosphere in there that night but I can still feel it when I watch the newsreel footage of all those men who were making their way into the towers when everyone else was getting away from there.

Brave men and women like that put themselves in danger on a daily basis. So today I don't just remember the Twin Towers victims, I give thanks for the bravery of those who 'serve others'in this way, all the time, and in all coners of the world.