Well done Susan, whatever works for you is great. So sorry Liz to hear of your loss. You are quite right about the food when sitting round a bed in hospital, very little is healthy and when you are there all the time very little time left to go and shop for anything healthy.
Been up and down for a few weeks but glad to say on the downward trend now! Keeping an online food diary to keep track of things and feel much more focused. Puppy is very active but can't go too long for a walk as don't want to overwalk her. DH bought home a Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer last week and offered me a sip - was delicious, but (and you will be proud of me) when he asked me if I wanted one of my own I said I would look the syns up first. Which I did - 13. So had one the next day when I had allowed for it, also treated myself to half a bottle this evening as we sat outside with the BBQ and listened to the Murray match (go Murray!). So hopefully am in the zone at the moment and will be good even for tomorrow night when we are at a party!