Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    If yoo go from the parking lots to IOA you cannot miss is as you go right past it just before you get to the IOA lighthouse at the entrance to the park.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Jimmy Buffet is big in the US and many other places. I know him well because my Dad plays guitar and his cds have always been lying around our house. He is on the recent Alan Jackson CD, the track has just been no 1 in the US country music billboards recently. It is really catchy. Belive it is called Margaritaville???......funny that! It is never off our player, not as good as driving along in the sun feeling on cloud 9 though!!!

Catch you later Cowboy!
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    You cant beat Jimmy Buffett music to brighten your day, when it is rainy and cold in England, slip a cd in and crank it up loud. Bliss.
    The last number one hit was 5 clock somewhere, with Alan Jackson.

I'm a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling [msnwink]
    Parrothead

Just had dinner in the one in Key West, they had a great live band the night we were in and it is a great place to visit. Yes Parrothead you are right its always 5 o'clock somewhere. (Its Alans song with Jimmy doing guest vocals)[8D]
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    Hi CDV
    Margaritaville Key West, is the first and the best, I think. We were in Key West in March,managed to hit town for the Spring Break weekend and Biker week!! Managed to book the last room on the Island. Margaritaville was packed but got a seat. We always have a good time there.
    Jimmy brought out 5 live cds last year. I had to have them, the nearest I have ever been to one of his concerts[msnsad]
    Nice to meet another 'phan'
    Parrothead

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Parrothead
    Hi CDV
    Margaritaville Key West, is the first and the best, I think. We were in Key West in March,managed to hit town for the Spring Break weekend and Biker week!! Managed to book the last room on the Island. Margaritaville was packed but got a seat. We always have a good time there.
    Jimmy brought out 5 live cds last year. I had to have them, the nearest I have ever been to one of his concerts[msnsad]
    Nice to meet another 'phan'
    [/quote]

I was brought up on his music, my Dad plays guitar and that is his sort of stuff!
    CDV

Florida Savvy
    Pleased to find I am not the only british parrothead on the forum!

For me Florida isn't complete without the music of JB

For those not yet addicted - you can listen in on the internet at www.radiomargaritaville.com or get all the latest news at www.buffetnews.com

Two concerts coming up in Florida for anyone out there at the time:

West Palm Beach November 14th
    Tampa November 16th

New album due next month!

I can take my anorak off now [8D]

Happy listening.........

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    When you are on Lazy River in Typhoon Lagoon you will hear Jimmy Buffet's music playing as you drift round. So relaxing [msnsmile2][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Savvy
    "Pleased to find I am not the only british parrothead on the forum!"

Being an 'Island Girl' you have to be a Buffett phan. I am just over the water in Poole

I have just returned from the Sahara desert, where Jimmy helped me get along. Had to leave a CD in a bar for the owner. Another convert.

I love the lazy rivers with his music.
    Parrothead

Florida Savvy
    Greetings from the sunny Isle of Wight! Suprising really when all we could hear this morning was the fog horn.......

What do you think of the new album? I have to say I thought it was one of the best he has done for a while. Has a much more country feel to it, more like his old stuff.

I like the sound of the Sahara - off to Florida in 3 weeks. Unfortunately just too late for the concerts.

Have you managed to make it to a concert?