Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Convictions

Florida Expert

Convictions

If you have accepted a 'caution' for an offence you didnt commit but decided this was the best course of action (and since regretted even accepting that!), will you have to or indeed be able to get a visitors visa to the US? I'm assuming that on visa waiver the term 'moral turpitude' covers virtually anything which could result in a custodial sentence and so that would be out of the question.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chris
    You have to apply for a visa if you have ever been arrested for an offence whether or not the arrest led to a conviction. Not knowing the legal system I would assume that in order to be cautioned for an offence it would have been necessary to have been arrested and advised of rights (well that's how it always seems on the telly).
    It doesnt mean you will not be granted a visa , especially if it was a while ago and was a one off.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    HI CHRIS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, MY BOYFRIEND WAS IN PRISON FOR 4 MONTHS DUE TO FIGHTING WHEN HE WAS 16 AND CONVICTED WHEN 18 (10 YEARS AGO)

I CALLED THE US EMBASSY WHO TOLD ME HE HAS TO APPLY FOR COURT RECORDS THEN GO FOR AN INTERVIEW TO SEE IF WILL BE ACCEPED. THEY SAID ALL DEPENDS ON IF HE BEEN I TROUBLE SINCE (WHICH HE HASNT) BUT CAN TAKE UP TO 16 WEEKS SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO GO SOON YOU MUST CONTACT THEM ASAP, AS THE SAME WITH ANY CONVICTION.