Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Back fro our Trip 8-24 July 2004

Florida Chatterbox

Back fro our Trip 8-24 July 2004

Well have now re-aclimatised myself to the UK weather!

Had a superb time in Florida. Stayed in a fantastic villa in Indian Point, just behind Walmart - really handy for essentials. However, after visiting Publix, we now prefer it for our food shopping.

Went to Gatorland the day after we arrived. Had missed this the last time and thought we'd give it a try. Fabulous! Spent nearly the whole day there. Plenty to see, especially the gators! Enjoyed the Gator Jamboree, however, our 2 year old godson didn't really appreciate them jumping up out of the water to reach the chickens and shy'd away from them. Our 11 year old had a ball. Enjoyed the train ride around the park too. However, held myself back from getting photographed sitting on the back of one of them - I'm not that stupid! Not even with their mouths bound. Some really brave kids there though!

Spent some time at Magic Kingdom and MGM. However, have promised myself not to go back in July as the parks were absolutely heaving! The queues were tremendous - waiting times were from 60-90 minutes. Even Fast Passes were difficult to get. Had a fabulous meal in the San Angel Inn at Epcot (Mexico). What a great atmosphere with the candlelights, riverboat ride and the volcano in the background.

It was really busy when we went to Universal/IOA too. First day at IOA, we entered the park at 1030 (I know that's pretty late, we usually go for opening). We only managed to get on 1 ride, Express passes were giving you ride times of very late afternoon/early evening. Didn't stay that long. Went to Universal the day after and managed to ride the Mummy twice. Fantastic! Watched Beetlejuice's show - really good, however, surprised at the amount of bad mannered folk who walked out three quarters of the way through. The show's not that long, it would have been polite to sit until the end (that's only my opinion mind you). Didn't get anywhere near the Shrek 4D ride - that was a non starter each time we went there. I don't think you can get an Express Pass for that either! I may be wrong though!

Returned to IOA a few days later and, yes, I WENT ON THE HULK. Felt the tears welling up as I proceeded up the stairway, 'should I or shouldn't I', I was saying to myself. However, once I was locked in ready for the off, I felt fine. WOW what can I say, what a rush, especially as I was on the back row! Would definitely go back on it again.

All in all, we had a fab time, great shopping too. Had great meals at the Outback, Ruby Tuesdays and Perkins (can recommend the Ham Steak and Eggs for breakfast.

However, with hindsight, it was not the best time to go, too busy and far too hot! We have been in February and September over the years and will definitely go back in September the next time.

However, off to California for Christmas, so not too long to wait for our next taste of America!

Ann-Marie

Great trip report, thanks, sounds like you had a great time.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    Hi,
    we were out there the same time as you,like you no luck on Shrek.Expereienced a thunderstorm on landing which was a bit scary.Enjoyed the pearl diving at Sea World.Also had a great meal at Outback,but really enjoyed the food at Whistle Junction Int Drive
    Andy

Glad you had a great time,agree with you about not going in the height of summer.we are off on the 25th sept and i feel it will be the perfect time(here's hoping)[msncool]

Emma

Florida Chatterbox
    Emma

First time we went was the last week in September/first 2 weeks October, weather was great about 85-90 degrees and the parks not too busy. You could actually come off one ride and go on again with very little wait time. Will definitely go back at that time of the year again.

Hope you have a fab time!

Ann-Marie

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Ann-marie

Great trip report, really enjoyed reading about your holiday....just makes me wish we were going sooner than March 2005 [msnsad]

Sandie
    Sandie & Liam

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1411.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Sandie, it will come round before you know it!!!

You'll have a fab time
    Ann-Marie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great report Ann-Marie. Pity about the queues, but that's Orlando in summer for you. Still, you seem to have enjoyed yourself. Now that you've done the Hulk, be sure to ride the Kraken in Sea World next time around.

I cannot believe that people actually walked out of the wondeful Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. To me, it is the single most brilliant show in Orlando, bar NONE. You describe the walker outs as bad-mannered. I think I would add mad-mannered.
    Nostromo