Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Brit thing that you miss most

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • British Newspapers

8 11.43%
  • British TV Programmes

12 17.14%
  • Weekend Pub atmosphere

2 2.86%
  • Football / Rugby results

11 15.71%
  • A nice cup of Tea

19 27.14%
  • Fish ''''n'''' Chips

1 1.43%
  • Good ol'' British Weather

0 0%
  • Something Else

17 24.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brit thing that you miss most

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    Ah but that's the difference Chrizzy, you live there we're only over on holiday.
    I never miss anything wherever we've been on holiday, but I'm always glad to come home.
    [/quote]

You're always glad to come home?! We never are, pass me the Prozac -I still feel low after nearly a week back. [msnscared] Perhaps my jaunt to Amsterdam in a few days will perk me up. heh

The one and only thing that I ever miss is a Good indian take away. I have never managed to find an indian restaraunt anywhere in the world that is as good as in UK. Is it just me??? [msntongue]
    Nick

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1791.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
    The one and only thing that I ever miss is a Good indian take away. I have never managed to find an indian restaraunt anywhere in the world that is as good as in UK. Is it just me??? [msntongue]
    [/quote]

Don't say Indian takeway anywhere near me......it makes me cry.......[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Voted for Something Else - or NOTHING

When we go to Spain, you tend to miss home a little because of the language barrier.

But in Florida, You usually feel you belong there so miss nothing.

One thing I miss on the last day when packing to go home is the first day, knowing that you have just arrived!!

Does that make sense??

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I always miss English Bread, we managed to find a loaf that was just about edible, but when we toasted it it was awful.

When we go (we have just arrived back today) we travel around for a week and very rarely here an English accent, then we go to Kissimmee and shop in Wal Mart in the 192 and you hardly hear anything other than an English accent. I know mine is an English accent to but when in Rome!!
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
    [/quote]

Have you been to India?
    Nostromo

Try the WalMart on US27, down near Southern Dunes. The staff there are incredibly helpful (unlike those in the WalMart on the 192) and nothing is too much trouble. You hear many more American accents than Brit ones and they seem to cater to the locals from around Haines City.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    When we go (we have just arrived back today) we travel around for a week and very rarely here an English accent, then we go to Kissimmee and shop in Wal Mart in the 192 and you hardly hear anything other than an English accent. I know mine is an English accent to but when in Rome!!
    [/quote]
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    I really miss British TV,especially Corrie. And cornish pasties, Hollands pies, Mr Kiplings cakes, sherry trifle, proper chips ( fat ones oozing dripping and malt vinegar), roast lamb with mint sauce and roast spuds, treacle pud and custard!! For my husband it is his Maynards wine gums and for my son his Walkers ctips and pickled onion Monster Munch. And English tea. But I do get well supplied by forum members.
    Oh and I would agree about a decent curry. I live here BTW, never m missed anything when I was on joliday.
    Julie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    You can buy Walkers Crisps at the British shop in Old Town and at the Food Court at the Mercado
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    The thing that I miss when in Florida is walking to the shops !!!
    Nearly resolved this one as when we were last over there we bought bikes so now we can cycle to Publix on the 27. We can go round the back of all the estates .
    Tim & Jackie Fawson

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1056.aspx