Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: What puts you off most while in Orlando?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excessive heat

19 7.92%
  • Unexpected rain

18 7.50%
  • Queues for rides

92 38.33%
  • Traffic jams

18 7.50%
  • Unsuitable accommodation

12 5.00%
  • Thinning purse

18 7.50%
  • Cranky kids, parents or spouse

24 10.00%
  • Something else

39 16.25%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What puts you off most while in Orlando?

Florida Expert
    I know this started way back in 2004, but my answer has to be American Drivers.

Having been here for 3 months now, i think i can make judgement.

It never seemed that bad whilst i was on holiday, and i know there has been the American v British driver debate before, but they are the pits.

I have to travel the I4 corridor everyday and the standard of driving is terrible.
    They drive up each others tails and if you leave yourself a braking distance, that just invites someone to cut infront of you.

I have already had one car drive into the back of me, traffic stops, i stop, and the car behind doesn't leave enough room and so bang, i get my new pacifica pranged[msnmad]

There are bad drivers everywhere, but there are lots here.
    Neil & Kay

Nothing -nothing at all. The worse thing that has happened to me, was my sister died whilst I was in Fl, and I couldn't get home for the funeral, and was worried about my Mum and Dad -however, my home in fl looked after me then, and was a great comfort -when I got home I could deal with everything so much better. So after that, other things are trivial -I always find the local people to be polite andfriendly, and have never noticed a queue jumper -I just love it, whatever. Every trip with my son [soon to be 14] keeps me young at heart, and I hope our home there will always keep him coming with us.
    As for driving - apart from the I4 that can be hectic, I love the wide roads, and big parking spaces, and ease of driving. I am not keen in staying in Hotels though -sheets never up to standard, or cleanliness Only do that now and then when we stop off elsewhere.
    Yep I am a boring floridafan!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I know the answer to this -don't watch-but I am continually wound up by the American News coverage-particularly with the, I'm trying to be careful, "intense" coverage of the war on terror. If I had to put up with that level/style of coverage all the time I would be a wreck!
    Don't get me wrong in very many ways America is the greatest nation on earth but possibly a degree of perspective from the newscasters/editors would maybe settle people down a bit.( and help me when I'm over there!!)

Florida Chatterbox
    getting fat with all that lovely food.
    Lorraine

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1211.aspx

Florida Newbie
    The parks letting far too many people in! I know that they are trying to make a profit but we were in Disney when they had to close the park Christmas 2004/5 and you could have been carried along if you had the guts to lift you feet of the ground. something like 25,000 on the day! should have a lower max.
    The fastcard system we did universal on another day as my son wanted to go on the hulk, we arrived just on opening and by the time we got to the ride the queue was over 2 hours and the fast pass told us to come back at 9pm. We only lasted an hour and gave the pass tickets to some people walking into the park on our way out!![msnsad]
    Back again in July so hopefully we will be able to vist this time. Failing that am staying in the villa poolor going scuba diving.
    Allan Smith

Florida Newbie
    I put something else,,after a few weeks the smell of bar-b-q everywhere gets to me[xx(]

Something else, I know it is only days or weeks before we have to go home [msncry]
    Regards, Mark

What puts me off most while in Orlando? having to come home to this weather
    Never changes doesn't matter if we are in Florida for six weeks. I never want to come home,in fact the longer we stay the harder it is to leave.[msncry]
    Barbara

I put something else - hot sweaty Brits dressed in football shirts[sick][sick] mind you you see them all over the world not just in Florida[msnwink]

The thought of coming home and we have just arrived back in the UK today[msnsad]. Since we have owned our villa in Florida I have always thought that I would not like to live there, its lovely just for a holiday, but I think I am changing my mind. If I got the chance now I would jump at it, sadly, I think it is a little late for us. My 20 year old son has just decided he would love to live there and now hates England.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx