Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: What puts you off most while in Orlando?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excessive heat

19 7.92%
  • Unexpected rain

18 7.50%
  • Queues for rides

92 38.33%
  • Traffic jams

18 7.50%
  • Unsuitable accommodation

12 5.00%
  • Thinning purse

18 7.50%
  • Cranky kids, parents or spouse

24 10.00%
  • Something else

39 16.25%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What puts you off most while in Orlando?

Florida Newbie
    I was really surprised that no one said the immigration service? Not from personal experience, as I tend not to have a problem as half my family are American, and they can see that I keep leaving! But I have had a few friends say they would *never* go through that again, and now holiday in other parts of the world.

Must admit I have always flown into MCO, the last year was quite a hoot, as the immigration guy was actively encouraging me to become a USA citizen. Something about being denied the right, Long story about family history....I pointed out if I wanted to I could get my sister to sponser me, he smiled and said "Get onto it"

Paul.

I'm not surprised nobody said immigration - just like most things in life you only hear about the odd person having a bad experience - the hundreds and thousands of people that sail through US immigation every day are just not 'good' news stories!!
    Caroline & Dave

Well I had to say cranky kids because it reminded me of a time about 14 years ago when I was yelling at them in the middle of Disney world that they were in the worlds biggest playground and were still miserable [msnembarrased] I think we must have all been jetlagged and tired. Thankfully nowadays we all sleep, regardless of the time zone
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    I'm not surprised nobody said immigration - just like most things in life you only hear about the odd person having a bad experience - the hundreds and thousands of people that sail through US immigation every day are just not 'good' news stories!!
    [/quote]

Polls and surveys conducted by the Florida Tourist agencies consistently report that the immigration control procedure puts a lot of people off travelling to the USA. I have had a number of negative experiences at various US airports which I wouldn't want repeating.

I also have friends who won't go back there because of the experience.

Don't know if you realise this, but this poll was started in 2004!!!

Florida Newbie
    Yes Karen I did know it was 2004, just thought it was worth a comment [msnsmile2]

Quite simply has to be the fact that we have to go home again, I want to stay!![msncry]
    Jan

Drifting, it was just interesting to see when the poll started. And I must have voted to as I could see the results, but I don't remeber what I voted for [msnwink]

Must say we have found the immigration people fine the last few visits. Maybe they have loosened up [msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Karen

Must say we have found the immigration people fine the last few visits. Maybe they have loosened up [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

More likely, they have been TOLD to loosen up and I have also noted that recently. Everybody accepts that their job is more important than ever but the manner of many of them needed addressing.

I fear the damage may already have been done in some cases.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you've been through Orlando International Immigration recently, you may have noticed the posters on all the IO's desks which reminds everyone that they're the face of the USA for arriving passengers.

I have to say, however, that we've never encountered a rude or nasty IO wherever we've arrived in the US, just pleasant people doing a difficult but probably boring job. The one we had at Orlando on our visit in December in the wheelchair line was a laugh a minute and cracking jokes all the time.
    blott