Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: What car would you rather have?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air conditioned

37 82.22%
  • convertable

8 17.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What car would you rather have?

What car would you rather have?

What would be your favourite choice of car type?
    Andrea
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1662.aspx

I thought that might be the case![8D]

Andrea
    Andrea
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1662.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    AC Schmacey! My wife just bought a Saab 9-3 Convertible and we are having great fun with the top off whenever possible. But in the UK we are restricted by the short summer, bad weather etc . Imagine how it would be in sunny Florida! The wind should cool you down while driving.

I once rode in a friend's convertible along California's 101 Highway. It was a great experience.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    AC Schmacey! My wife just bought a Saab 9-3 Convertible and we are having great fun with the top off whenever possible. But in the UK we are restricted by the short summer, bad weather etc . Imagine how it would be in sunny Florida! The wind should cool you down while driving.

I once rode in a friend's convertible along California's 101 Highway. It was a great experience.
    [/quote]

We too enjoying having the top down in the UK Summer/Winter. The only thing that stops us is rain. You should see me with my floor length coat wrapped around me, heated seats on full blast and icicles still dripping off my nose!! I really love my Hubbie!![:X]

...but have you ever sat in a traffic jam in the city on the hottest UK day. Times that by 10 (est) and you've got driving around Orlando with the top down. I'd agree it's great for driving holidays and Highways but if we're intending to be in a heavily populated area with stop/start traffic, we go for the hardtop everytime.
    Angua

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

[/quote]

My friends lived in FL most of her life.......and she would never have a convertible there.....CA seems fine for one.....but its a lot hotter in FL...

Florida Chatterbox
    Got to be air con, everytime.!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
    My friends lived in FL most of her life.......and she would never have a convertible there.....CA seems fine for one.....but its a lot hotter in FL...
    [/quote]

Sure. But we are from India, where it gets really hot - and not just in summer! So, the Florida heat does not affect us much. Having lived in the UK for 20 years, we like to use every opportunity to soak-up the sun.
    Nostromo

Florida Savvy

Last time we were there in October we hired a convertable, Ford Mustang, but had the air conditioning blowing on us it was great, yes that is not economical and affects fuel consumption - but hey, on holiday and the petrol (sorry gas, for American readers!) was cheap.

So I want to vote for an air conditioned convertable !

Barry
    Barry

Florida Savvy
    Did the convertable car thing earlier this year and although it was nice I must admit that unless your on a long journey it was a bit of a bind!! We were also very conscious of other drivers smoking and tossing cigarette ends or rubbish into the car.

Nice for the first twenty minutes but give me a big car and AC anyday!!

BTW, I would expect a lot of the responses from our feminine members to be looking for answers that offered RED, GREEN, BLUE.... etc HEHEHEH..[)]
    Neil & Lynne
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1468.aspx

Florida Expert
    I live here and have a convertible. But I keep the top up most of the time in the summer. But the fall and winter months in Florida are made for rag top driving!
    BTW, gas is down to about $1.85 a gallon now. And falling!!!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens