Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Auto-dimming filter for car mirror

Gold 5 Star Member

Auto-dimming filter for car mirror

I am looking for some sort of filter or screen to fit over the rear view mirror on the windscreen of my car. I do a lot of night driving and am bothered by the glare of headlamps fronm cars coming up behind. My own mirror's anti-glare facility is not brilliant, but I am apparently not allowed to change it because of the warranty situation. So, the answer seems to be to fit a filter over the existing mirror.

I have so far been unable to find anything like that in the UK. I wonder if anyone knows of a place in Orlando or elsewhere in the USA selling this sort of thing?
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    Never heard of anything Nostromo. Mine has an automatic dimmer that works with a light sensor. Clever stuff but I dont see that a filter without the sensor would exist ?? Have you heard of one that can do that ?
    Matt
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1561.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Floridalover
    Never heard of anything Nostromo. Mine has an automatic dimmer that works with a light sensor. Clever stuff but I dont see that a filter without the sensor would exist ?? Have you heard of one that can do that ?
    [/quote]

No. I just find the manual dipper irritating on a dark, twisty road. You have to use it after the lights of the other car are bright in the mirror, but pull it back again when the lights disappear (to get a proper view). I heard about some kind of an anti-glare (or auto-dimming) filter but don't know the details.
    Nostromo