Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Clearwater

Florida Expert

Clearwater

Is it still a good place to visit in November?

Still warm?
    Sea still warm?

Still enough tourists about without being too crowded?

Is it safe at night to walk around etc ?

Florida Chatterbox
    Assuming itmis Clearwater Beach you are talking about,it is sill warm, although you may need a light jacket in the evenings (well I did) and I have never ever had a problem walking around at night ,even during "spring break",and will definately be going back this year.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Hi
    We love Clearwater Beach,never seen any trouble in the night time,
    strolling by the harbour or along the sea front.
    Cheers
    IAN

Florida Expert
    We love Clearwater Beach it's my favourite place in Florida ! I wish i were there now sitting in Frenchy's Rockaway Cafe on the beach ! I would imagine its still warmish in November we have only been there in May and September oh yes and at Christmas but it was FREEZING then. The thing i really like about it is that you can actually walk from place to place there not like Orlando etc.and never felt threatened at any time walking around. Where are you staying when you are there ?

Pamela

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to Clearwater for a couple of days when we across last month and had a great time. Watching the sunset at Frenchy's on the beach is very memorable. I have been in Ocober before and it was warm during the day, but cooler in the evening and we needed a fleece. I am quite happy to go to the shops alone in Clearwater and find it safe to walk and not overly crowded. If we are only going to Clearwater, we fly into Tampa and get a shuttle to our accomodation and don't hire a car, we enjoy walking and you can walk around very easily. It is a great place- Enjoy your holiday!
    Tracy

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
    We love Clearwater Beach it's my favourite place in Florida ! I wish i were there now sitting in Frenchy's Rockaway Cafe on the beach ! I would imagine its still warmish in November we have only been there in May and September oh yes and at Christmas but it was FREEZING then. The thing i really like about it is that you can actually walk from place to place there not like Orlando etc.and never felt threatened at any time walking around. Where are you staying when you are there ?

Pamela
    [/quote]

We haven't booked anything yet, and are currently deciding whether to go Clearwater, St Petes Beach, Cocoa Beach or Daytona beach for about 3 nights of our stay.

Prefer to stay in a Marriott if possible because i get a good agent rate there.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well we have stayed at the Clearwater Beach hotel with a beach room for $150 per night-that was May but may be cheaper in Nov-breakfasts are lovely at about $10 per head.

Also there's the Ramada Jarvis-at the other end of the beach. You are actually closer to the water's edge so you get to see the pelicans diving for the fish. Ask for an Ocean room-slightly more-but worth it-lovely big rooms and we paid about $90 off the internet for Oct.

It's a lovely place and a nice base to do a bit of exploring. Make sure you do the sea screamer-dolphins are almost always guaranteed-or they give you a free ride if you don't spot on on your first visit. They don't just go there's a dolphin-they back the speedboat up to attract the dolphins attention-and then with a bit of luck owing to the dolphins playful nature-you get to see them jumping through the boat's wake about 4-5 feet from the boat-and that's just fantastic!
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    I would pick Clearwater over any other. We stayed there in May at the Marriott Suites on Sand key. All the rooms look out over the bay and we saw both dolphins and manatee there. In the evening we went to the Pier at Clearwater opposite the harbour. It was fantastic. There were entertainers, stalls and things for the kids to do. We ate at an Aussie place just past the Virgin Office, highly recommended. I hope you choose clearwater I definately rate it.
    Tina
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2149.aspx