Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Mobile Data Cards. (Vodafone)

Florida Chatterbox

Mobile Data Cards. (Vodafone)

Hello, I am new to the forums, although we have had a Florida home for six years, and have advertized with Villas Florida for 18months or so.
    We are thinking of taking our lap-top with us next month when we are in Florida. We have purchased a vodafone mobile data card in order to access our e-mails when we are there. Has anyone any experience of this ? Do these cards work O.K. over there ? Also, do I need to do anything extra to either the laptop or the card before we go ?

Any advice would be welcome Thanks, Chloe.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Chloe

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, I know nothing about data cards and just use a local ISP in Florida for emails, etc. Things you'll need for your laptop are a US phone adaptor and electricity plug adaptor. You can get them in the UK in PC shops like PC World or in Florida.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Hi,
    I always take my lappy for the very same reason, also for a quick 'proper' view of the digital snaps of the Grandkids and to mail them home to my daughters.

I go to publix or Wall-Mart and pick up a $14.99 pre-paid AOL CD which gives you 500 minutes access. If you use up the 500 minutes you 'Top-Up' on line - much easier than signing up to a contract.

AOL is like everywhere... so as long as you can connect to a landline, its only a free local call away.

I've used you Vodafone data card, it is 'Tri-band' and it does work, but and it is a big but, it is a very expensive way to keep in touch as you are making an international call to your Uk vodafone Node. [:0]

Hope you find this of use...

Keith
    Keith

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Blott for getting back to me, also Keith, I will make a note of your advice, and suggestions. Chloe.

Florida Expert
    Is that you in the picture Keith? [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    I Wish...

That's my little 'Nurd' good ain he! [^] ...

His proper name is Yorgt and he comes from Sveden
    Keith