Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Swapping

Baby Swapping

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend taking a small child (in stroller) to the Universal theme parks.

We started the baby swapping in IOA by following what we perceived to be the rules, i.e. eihter Sue or me stands in the normal line while the other waits for them to arrive, do the ride and swap.

That was until we saw whole families of Americans walk to the front of the line, deposit their child with a single child minder, ride (at least once) sometimes even swapping the child minder during the process and wander off to the next ride.

After a couple of these occurrences, we decided to indulge our dark sides and follow the American way. We were able walk to the baby swap area (normally at the front of any queue) leave Sue or me with Conell, ride, swap, ride again and move on within minutes, even when the usual wait time was around 60 minutes.

Normally, I'd never do any of this, and probably get annoyed with those who did, but then the attendant on Dudley Do Right actually recommended that we did it as its what everyone else does.

So now that's exactly what we do.
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

Gold 5 Star Member
    When in Rome, as they say. We Brits sometimes just are too good at this queueing thing.
    Sarah

Florida Savvy
    When you say 'baby' does this cover all children in strollers do you think?

Florida Chatterbox
    I think that it applies to all children who are under the height restriction or too scared to ride.
    Angua

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can do the same at Disney but have to queue (or use a fast pass) for the first person to ride but don't have to queue again when you have switched
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    I saw several families do this for Kraken and was a bit upset. To tell you the truth, at least some of them were British. There were some grumbles from other people, but since there was no wait except for the first and last rows, no one seriously objected. But on principle, I belive that misusing this 'baby-swap' facility to jump queue is wrong. The honest way would be for the family to wait their turn for the first rider, but with the following one having the previlige of getting in immediatly afterwards.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    i agree a with nostromo

i really hurt our alex's legs when she was 6 , stuffing her in a borrowed pram!!

trev[8D]
    Trev

Florida Savvy
    Nice one Trevlad.

We have always used the parent swap i.e. queued once and then the second parent goes straight on, what we did like is that the second parent can take a child on again and doesn't miss out on the pleasure of seeing their faces.

Theres lots to do with the younger one except when she is asleep. It's then that the old purse takes a hammering in the shops[msneek]

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Can you hire these babies with a stroller ?.

....It might catch on...If I set up a baby hire business, do I qualify for a visa.?
    Graham

You can buy lifelike dolls these days, and a cheap stroller wont break the bank, so just cover the "baby" up so that nobody can tell the difference and away you go.

Must admit that for the first hour, we were sitting like idiots waiting for the other one to arrive in the queue, and I was getting p@ssed off with the the people who just turned up and strolled on. Then we just thought sod it, why not join in.
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones