Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: running a villa management company ???

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    An E2 visa dependent has to apply for permission to work - it usually takes about 6 months to come through after an E2 has been granted.

As Jeff has said, the income from 10 homes almost certainly won't be enough to get an E2 visa as you need an income of around $60 - $70k and this won't provide it.
    [/quote]

If looking after 10 homes made $60k plus......I'd be doing it..........

Florida Chatterbox
    thats the perception many owners have of the small man comps that they are really making a lot of money from them..
    but in real life you are not...

you have to break it down to man hours and you will be shocked at how much you really make..

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would agree with jeffc on this and that the problem is man hours. A small simple repair needing a part will necessitate a trip to Home Depot either south of Haines on 27, right down 192 near Medieval Times or up on Colonial ( 50) or OBT. Any of those can necessitate a two hour return trip expecially with the traffio as bad as it is. So with the repair, this process can take half a working day but if a commensurate bill for the time were put into the owner, he would see only the repair and think it is expensive. We all like to keep the bills down for the owners as much as possible so sometimes the time element just gets lost. A Home depot at Four Corners would really help, the WalMart is better than nothing.
    The mad thing is that the ideal for the owner is a small man co with say 10-15 homes doing a very good job on those houses. The problem is unless they have a pension or another business to supplement income, the man agent isnt making a living on that many homes. Someone once said to me, my former caretakers used to be really good when they just had 13 homes and then they got greedy. No actually, then they started making ends meet, greed doesnt really come into it. The average management fee has not changed much in the 7 years since I first bought neither has the cleaning fee, but the houses have changed, they have more bathrooms, more things like computers, games machines and equipment, electronic equipment etc to take care of. The more you put in a house, the more can go wrong and cause a call out and this is why some big man cos wont have computers, safes even DVDs in the houses as they wont take the responsability. The management/call out fee ( 24 hours, 31 days a month!!) is only slightly more than $3 per day per home, work it out!! This is why so many management agents turn to realty.

The only way you would get an E2 with 10 homes is if you were making more money out of some of the homes than a man co usually does. So if you own some of the homes yourself for example. The money an E2 deoendant earns is not taken into account at all for E2 or for E2 renewal. I know of several cases where one party is running an E2 business and the other has set up as a realtor quite sucessfully and probably making more from that than the E2 business does, but if that is earned through work on a dependants work permit, it is not relevant for immigration purposes.

Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    ". A Home depot at Four Corners would really help, the WalMart is better than nothing."

The new Walmart and Lowes just north of the 192 might make thing a lot easier for you Julie will it?
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It will for anyone working around Four Corners area as it cuts down on travel time and costs. At the moment we are going south of Haines or up 27 to Colonial for a small part and the travelling times are immense, Not only that, but the gas price now is making even that significant ( dont shoot me, I know it isnt like the UK!!). I dont think they have started on the Lowes yet, but the sign is now up for hiring staff at the WalMart.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    We have met a few people that have done exactly this and they all say the same, 24/7 and very hard work. We were offered a management company but turned it down for this reason. We would like to retire to Florida.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wouldnt we all
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I just read on Rays site that one of the large newspaper companies in the UK had an ad saying that they could get you a greencard if you had a place worth $280k or there abouts in the USA....I just looked at it quick.....I'll have to go read it again......if it were that simple....I think everyone would be doing it......

Gold 5 Star Member
    There is a realtor hehind that somewhere. The correct figure is $500,000 in an area of low economic development or $1 million elsewhere and not in property but in business.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    I just read on Rays site that one of the large newspaper companies in the UK had an ad saying that they could get you a greencard if you had a place worth $280k or there abouts in the USA....I just looked at it quick.....I'll have to go read it again......if it were that simple....I think everyone would be doing it......
    [/quote]

This was displayed as one of the many scams that are about I think
    Andy