Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Dining

Florida Chatterbox

Dining

The biggest laugh we had on this holiday had to be at Prime Time Diner. This themed diner takes you back to the 50/60's as soon as you walk in the door. The decor is fantastic, we were put into a 50's 'living room' within the bar area to wait for our table, even the ornaments jog your memory. I heard myself saying 'I remember my mother had one of those'!

When we got to our table, our waitress sat down with us at our table and talked us through the menu (like we were her kids!) and then left us with a couple of photo albums of her own family and previous guests. Lots going on, people being 'chastised' for playing with their food, congratulated for eating it all. My son got a round of applause from the whole diner for making some 'food art' on his plate (a face) with his left-overs (at 11yrs old really he was worried he was going to get told off for not eating all his salad!) It was great fun and the food was very good.

To choose desert we were given one of those plastic 3d viewing cameras to look at the selection.

All done in good humour and everyone we saw there was having a great time. We'll certainly go back.

Sandra
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Where is it please Sandra?

Blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Sorry Blott, it's in MGM Studios.

Sandra

Its in MGM just before you down into New York St. Its a hoot. I started a paper aeroplane fight with another table. There were planes flying around everywhere. Some other diners got annoyed and the server 'mom' made me apologise to them and stand in the corner with dunces hat on. Kids though it was great until they got picked on for having elbows on the table.

quote:
    Where is it please Sandra?

Blott
    Martin

Another Day in Paradise!

Florida Newbie
    Does anyone know if there are alternative to the usual hot dog and hamburgers at the park (without actually going to a sit down restaurant)? I'm visiting WDW from Ohio for the 1st time in July 2003 and am a vegetarian. Most parks I go to really don't have animal free food. Any advise?

You can get a salad and pizza at plenty of the parks.

If you are concerned I would take something in with you the first day and see how you find things.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've found the following info for you from another website but there's salad and pizza available too.

"All types of modified diets are honored at Walt Disney World... in parks (see below), restaurants ... from Kosher, vegan, and low-fat to diabetic, ovo-lacto vegetarian, and kids' meals.

In the Magic Kingdom, there is a vegetarian fast food restaurant in Tomorrowland. The fast food places are eat what is on the menu, but sit down places (with backstage chefs) can cook anything to match your dietary needs... simply ask your server.

In EPCOT, there are wonderful places to eat. Canada has a cafeteria. The Living Seas has the most expensive food, but most spectacular dining room, set under the aquarium, dinner swimming all around as you eat! Most restaurants have several choices of meals that fit in with varying diet plans. If not, ask the server for what you need."

Copyright by Stef Jones (stef@bayarea.net).
    Permission is granted to copy and redistribute this article in its entirety for non-commercial, educational use only, provided that this copyright notice is not removed or altered. No portion of this work may be sold, either by itself or as part of a larger work, without the express written permission of the author. This restriction covers all publication media, including electronic media.
    blott

Florida Expert
    I know that John, who co-owns this site, is vegetarian and he has previously recommended this book;

"Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando" by Susan Shumaker, Than Saffel which can be bought at http://www.amazon.com.

Tracey