Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Route out of MCO

Florida Savvy

Best Route out of MCO

We will be picking up a vehicle from Dollar on-site and travelling to a villa in Hampton Lakes. Can anyone suggest the best exit to take, either the north to pick up the BeeLine Express then on to I4 or would it be the south to pick up the 417 the on to the I4.

We will be arriving on a Saturday in August around 1530 which may or may not have any effect.

The main thing we would be trying to avoid would be traffic.

Take the South exit and use the 417 onto I4. Much better at any time of day, or season. Just make sure that you have some quarters for the toll.
    Carla

Florida Savvy
    I didn't realise the 417 was a toll road, thanks Carla.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree that the South Exit out of the airport via SR417 is the better one, since it is usually less crowded. Following the 'South Exit' sign out of MCO first gets you onto Boggy Creek Road; watch out for the correct turn into SR417. You need SR417 SOUTH which is a right fork that arrives rather suddenly and easy to miss if you are tired and distracted after a long flight. (Continuing straight takes you into SR417 North and away from your destination).

SR417 has 3 toll booths, at least one of them unmanned where you will need correct change in quarters. I think it is 75c there.

Keep on SR417 south until Exit #2 into Celebration (there is another unmanned 25c toll booth here) and follow signs to US192 West - turn left. Continue on US192 until it ends at its junction with US27. For Hampton Lakes, you need to 'carry on straight' as US192 merges into US27 South. Hampton Lakes are about 2 miles further south.
    Nostromo

Florida Savvy
    Sounds good, even misses out the I4.....many thanks

AndyC, by carrying on the 417 until you merge with I4 going west, and then staying on the I4 down to junction 55, and then going North on US27 for a couple of miles, you can completely miss out highway 192.

The 192 can get very busy and has many traffic lights, especially as by the time that you arrive in the area it will be around 5.30 to 6pm when there will be more cars on the 192 with people going to restaurants etc. for dinner.

You could also come off I4 at junction 58, drive through ChampionsGate (Publix is here, so you might want to get some goodies), take a right onto CR54 and then when you get to the junction of CR54/US27 take a right and you're almost there at Hampton Lakes. Another quick route that locals and owners often use.
    Carla

Florida Expert
    I thinks you'll need around $4 in small change to get from the airport. The tolls aren't like in France - you pay a little every so often rather than the whole amount in one go.

Jo
    Jo

Florida Expert
    Andy
    as has been said above take the 417 SOUTH. The signs for the 417 South as you leave the airport have a RED background.

Gold 5 Star Member
    And its very easy to follow and the road is very wide and not packed
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    I always take the South exit and then on to the 417 Central Florida Greeneway. I don't go as far a 55 on I-4 though, I come off at 58 and take the shortcut through Champions gate.
    Malcolm Currie