Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Travellers cheques, cash or visa?

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by sammibabe View Post
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
    I have managed to ascertain via a phone call with a BoA branch in Kissimee (selected at random and thank you Maria!!)that they will cash Amex US$ TCqs without commission uop to a ceiling per day.

Surely then as long as you do not mind planning your trip with just a few trips to BoA it is a relatively cheaper option.
    If they are dollar t chqs most places will let you use them like cash (there are a few that won't take them but not many) and you get change as cash so why have the hassle of going to the bank? We still use them so we don't take as much cash (so safer), but are constantly being topped up through our holiday. I know a lot don't use them but I still like them. We use the clarity card (used to have Nationwide but they changed the t&c's) as it is not loaded when goes on the statement[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, we also use travellers cheques and have never had a problem using them, even if buying a cheap item at a supermarket using a $50 cheque the change comes in cash. We tried the pre-paid debit cards, but still prefer the cheques.
    Scorpio

We always take cash and credit cards now and do not bother with t/c although, when we did, we never had problems using them just as you would cash.

Florida Savvy
    We are here at mo and are using mainly tc and cash, but also Halifax clarity for bigger purchases! Had no probs with any. Got cash n tcs when rates were better than now.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    We got a cash card off the travel agents - it was just like a normal debit card but all the currency was insured for loss/theft etc. it was fantastic