Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travellers cheques, cash or visa?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your daughter may just get brave enough for a quick dip at Skeggie before you go I guess! I think you did OK for prices though but, hey, you're going on holiday!
    blott

Florida Junior
    If I buy travellers cheques then I know what I paid for them and therfore how much I am actually paying for stuff over there. Isn't it the case thath if I use my VISA or other card then I am at the mercy of the exchange rate and will not actually know how much I am paying [?]

BTW I have been living in Lincoln for just over 10 years now. Hated it when we first moved here (with work) but it has grown on me over the years. Since we are now building an extension to our house to add two bedrooms I guess we will be here for a while longer

Cheers duckies[msntongue]
    Nigel

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh, you're an adopted 'me dook' too! It sort of grows on you doesn't it?

That's true Nigel (the exchange rate could go up though!) but don't not take one as you'll need it for the car rental desk and also for any emergencies (although I hope you don't have any!).
    blott

Florida Newbie
    always been surprised at the good rates when using plastic.

Florida Savvy
    I normally take and use all 3.

TC's in larger demoninations for security and larger purchases, cash for smaller purchases, taxi's and tips. And credit card for things like security deposit swipes, and fast track car hire return.
    I've often used a Barclaycard in the US and been plesantly surprised on several occasions when the statement comes through. Maybe I've just been lucky with the exchange rates.
    Whatever method you use a foreign exchage rate is applied somewhere in the transaction.
    Barry

Florida Savvy
    Daft question time, with T/C's do you have to have your passport with you?

Don.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were never asked for ID when we used T/C;s and after the first few times this happened
    we stopped taking our passport with us.
    Chrisj

Florida Savvy
    Thanks Chris, we are off tomorrow..had great start...I broke my finger on Tuesday,playing BasketBall,and had to have a small op on Wed. Good news is I dont have a cast just a bandage...[xx(]

Don.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don

Have a great time, we arrive next saturday, cant wait
    Chrisj

Hey we go down to Gatwick on Wed and fly out on Thurs. Looks like we're all going! Have a good time everyone