Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orlando-Manchester Mega Delay??

Orlando-Manchester Mega Delay??

Hi all,

As you know Im mad about flying and today the Virgin 76 should have landed at 0725 and is delayed until 1500 tomorrow (Sun)!!

The 75 left very late yesterday at 1230 too??

Anyone know why?

Also the My Travel 52 should have landed from Sanford at 0500 and is delayed until 1300??

Info please folks I know someone on here will have the answers??

8 weeks today Yeah!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Julie
    There was a major problem for a while with the Air traffic control at West Drayton on the 3rd when the system failed to reboot after routine maintenance. this meant for at least an hour (cant remember exact time ) the planes had be be controlled manually and there were many cancellations and delays. This obviously would have a knock on effect through to yesterday I would imagine as the planes would not necessarily be in the right place at the right time and obviously crew breaks, flying times etc would create more problems.
    Babblin Boo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Julie
    There was a major problem for a while with the Air traffic control at West Drayton on the 3rd when the system failed to reboot after routine maintenance. this meant for at least an hour (cant remember exact time ) the planes had be be controlled manually and there were many cancellations and delays. This obviously would have a knock on effect through to yesterday I would imagine as the planes would not necessarily be in the right place at the right time and obviously crew breaks, flying times etc would create more problems.
    [/quote]

Don't think it was due to this as it got back to normal very quickly at Man.

I wondered if it was technical?

Gold 5 Star Member
    John may be able to tell us later as I think he's on Virgin today.

Yes, he definitely is unfortunately http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...?TOPIC_ID=9493
    blott

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    I think Babblin Boo is right.I spoke to someone travelling out of Manchester yesterday.The airlines were quoting the computer glitch as being responsible and stated it would take several days for all the flights to catch up with their slots.
    Graham

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    John may be able to tell us later as I think he's on Virgin today.
    [/quote]

Was he coming back today or going out Blott?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mr G
    I think Babblin Boo is right.I spoke to someone travelling out of Manchester yesterday.The airlines were quoting the computer glitch as being responsible and stated it would take several days for all the flights to catch up with their slots.

[/quote]

If that's so then its bad news, in all my years of flying I that kind of knock on effect!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Going out...
    blott

Florida Newbie
    When we came back from Florida 20th may there were two Manchester flights going out. I was talking to a guy who said that the flight he was going home on that day had been cancelled from the previous day.
    Tina
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2149.aspx

When they have air traffic delays, it may just push some of their crews over their alloted hours, so then it becomes a logistical exercise on getting people in the right places.
    Wilf & Sarah