Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire or Ice?

Gold 5 Star Member

Fire or Ice?

I am interested to find out how my fellow coaster fans compare 'Fire' and 'Ice' of Duelling Dragons. They are both great rides, of course, but personally I would give Ice a slight edge over its rival. Fire is marginally faster and has 3 big loops, while Ice has 2 loops and that twisty corner that brings us with the close encounter with the castle wall. It is because of this variation that I give Ice the extra point.
    Nostromo

Nostromo

Got to be ICE.....we went on about 5 times on our last visit obviously riding both fire and Ice!!![msneek]

I think the angles that Ice loops at are far better than fire and we personally prefered it....must have done to go on it again[msnsmile2]
    Sharon

We always go on Ice.

It always seems to give the better ride in terms of drops, twists, turns and near misses.
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

Another vote for ICE. Went on Fire once and felt really squeamish when I got off so I've never been back on it...just incase [xx(]

Florida Newbie
    Most definitley ICE! Because of all the near misses, and also because blue is my favourite colour![msnsmile2]lol!
    Chris

Florida Chatterbox
    Have to agree and say Ice, in particular the back row. That's the only time, I've ever felt the effects of mild motion-sickness so it must be pretty intense! Fire just makes me laugh from beginning to end, just like the rest of the rides in Orlando as I always feel so jubilant.... but I also laugh when I'm nervous so perhaps it's the latter rather than the former![)]
    Angua

ICE ICE baby!

Love the colours too, I'm such a girly girl!
    Tink

Florida Junior
    Blimey... first time visiting these coasters for my family - any point in going on 'FIRE'. So far the 'ICE' has it?!?

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have not been to IOA yet[:I]What is the height restriction for these rides?
    Ruth

Florida Expert
    Ruth
    have just looked it up for you the height restriction for fire and ice is 54"
    Beryl
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx