Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: virgin downtown disney checkin

Gold 5 Star Member
    Rosie
    I wondered if they would do something like that eventually. I've long since thought it was a bit crazy that saying 32kg was the maximum a baggage handler was allowed to carry and that was why the excess was charged for overweight bags. I've never quite understood how paying more money made the bag lighter and less risk to the handlers.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Savvy
    re the 32kg bag size, think it now covers most airlines, its to do with health and safety as the baggage handlers are not supposed to lift bags heavier than this.
    mark

Florida Newbie
    Recently used the Downtown Virgin check-in. Its definately worth it. The fact you dont have to be at the airport earlier is better. Unfortunately being at Downtown the kids want to spend your money in the stores and you need another suitcase to take home the things you buy there....
    Tina
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2149.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Disney checkin is definitely worthwhile even @ $5 each.
    However if you have babies or young kids it may be prudent to keep a change of clothes and other bits and pieces in hand luggage as in October last year we checked our luggage in by 9.00am and arrived at the airport in the afternoon to catch the flight only to be told of a 24 hour delay and we were unable to get any items from our luggage as they were locked away. Still plan to use it every time we fly Virgin.

Stuart

Lesley