Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Orange County fishing

Florida Chatterbox

Orange County fishing

Orange County has more than 700 great bass fishing lakes in both urban and rural settings. The Windermere Chain (or Butler Chain) is located west of Orlando. Johns Lake is at the Orange and Lake county line and provides wonderful fishing. The Winter Park Chain in Winter Park and Maitland is renowned for its sightseeing opportunities. Anglers using this chain can enjoy good fishing and enjoy the same sights as tourists. Several downtown lakes are large enough to accommodate boating and have public boat ramps. Clear Lake provides fishing opportunities for bass, bream and catfish. Lake Ivanhoe fishing can be surprisingly good for an urban lake. Lake Underhill is on the eastern side of Orlando and is divided by the East-West Expressway. This is a good lake to fish for crappie in the winter and bass in the spring. A healthy catfish population offers additional fishing opportunities.

Siobhan
    Siobhan

Florida Newbie
    Hi there. We live on Hampton Lakes in Polk County. Could you tell me where I would find the nearest fishing holes as we have guests going in February who need this info. many thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can fish in Lake Davenport which is behind Esprit and Davenport Lakes estates near the junction of 192 and 27 and not too far from Hampton Lakes. There are fishing boardwalks into the lakes. Just walk or drive through the estates.The lake is at the rear. If you follow the signs for residents boat ramp, that leads to the lake. Remember to tell them they need a fishing license which you can buy in the sports dept of Walmart.

Julie Carty

Florida Newbie
    Thanks alot that was very helpful and very quick.
    regards, Linda

Florida Newbie
    Just had another thought about the fishing. Would guests be able to hire rods and stuff at lake Davenport?
    Regards, Linda

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Linda,
    Just last week I had a guest phone me at home to find out where he could go fishing. Apparently, he had just bought this brilliant fishing rod in Walmart,at a bargain price, and wanted to try it out.

The only place I could think of was Lake Davenport (we are on Westridge on the 27 , so it's very near), but he asked me if I knew where he could get some bait. No idea I'm afraid.

So if anyone knows anything at all about "bait", please let me know and I can include it in my info pack.

Cheers

Hilary