Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dollar pick-up from MCO

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    At MCO you arrive at a satellite that is connected to the main terminal by a monorail. The satellite contains immigration and customes so you have to collect your luggage here and pass through customs. You then put your luggage back on a belt and it goes to the main terminal while you get the monorail to there. You then pick your bags back up in the main terminal on the floor just above the car hire desks.

See the following link for more information:

http://www.flightsflorida.com/mco_arrivals.aspx
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poet123
    How does the baggage claim system work? Do you pick up bags once then put them back on another carousel? if so why?
    We are also hiring from Dollar but with only one named driver so we can pick up the car before the 2nd baggage pick up if I am reading everyone right?
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    We came back from orlando last week. I must admit it was the quickest we have got through the airport in all our visits. The plane landed at 3.20 and we were in the hotel by 4.20. The immigration hall was almost empty. I suppose the fact that we were off the plane first helped. There was no queue at the Dollar checkin either. The virgin checkin for Dollar was open and they even gave us the keys for our hotel room, so no having to check in at the hotel. Coming back we were expecting major hold ups through security but were through there in no time. But beware all you smokers, Orlando airport is completly non smoking now. By the time we got home my husband was clawing up the walls for a fag(cigarette).
    Tina
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2149.aspx

Florida Junior
    Right... Sorted.

After baggage pickup N0 1/customs, take the monorail to main terminal and go directly to Dollar (downstairs), pick up keys and go back upstairs to collect luggage.. Easy..!!

Now as long as none of : Blott, JeffC, George, SunnysideFlorida, Floridadreamvilla, Genie, ChrisJ, Carla, Nostromo, KevinT, Mr Fibble, Poet123, Tinau or any of the 265 others who have read this thread are on my flight.. I'm laughing..!!

Thanks all.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Orlando Airport has always been non-smoking so it's nothing new! You can still smoke outside on each level where there are normally seats.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just relax Bluedaze and have a great time
    Chrisj

I think Virgin only have their own desk for Virgin Holidays.
    We book Virgin and get car hire separately, now through this site for first time, fingers crossed!

What happened to the reported plans of Virgin having their own terminal?

Also what is the work going on next to the second arrivals - i see rail tracks etc.[msnsmile2]
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sorry to correct you Blott, but up to last July you could smoke in designated areas at MCO. I went out last June and was allowed to smoke in one of the restaurants, surprisingly. When we went back out in November, the new restrictions had come in and you could not smoke anywhere.
    I believe that Florida is now non smoking in all restaurants as well.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    What seat are you on! we are all up the front of the plane for a quick dash through imigration!!!!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BlueDaze
    Right... Sorted.

After baggage pickup N0 1/customs, take the monorail to main terminal and go directly to Dollar (downstairs), pick up keys and go back upstairs to collect luggage.. Easy..!!

Now as long as none of : Blott, JeffC, George, SunnysideFlorida, Floridadreamvilla, Genie, ChrisJ, Carla, Nostromo, KevinT, Mr Fibble, Poet123, Tinau or any of the 265 others who have read this thread are on my flight.. I'm laughing..!!

Thanks all.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    Bluedaze,
    Don't worry 'bout me being in front of you at the queue at MCO, I only go that way when I can't get a direct flight to Sanford! If I am there when you are I'll be the one flat on the floor with the footprints across my back

All the best, ' know you'll have a great time,

KevinT
    Kevin

Florida Chatterbox
    dont worry i live in orlando now...
    i tend to pick guests at the airport then drop them at the dollar office near celebration the next day when they have woken up...

have a nice holiday the wait will be worth it...