Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollar pick-up from MCO

Florida Junior

Dollar pick-up from MCO

Having read about the possible delays in getting through MCO (baggage reclaim/Car Hire pick-up).
    Am I able to leave the wife and kids to collect the bags and head off to the Dollar pick-up to get the car on my own.? (Jeep, booked via this site at a remarkably good price by the way..)
    Landing on thursday Aug 19th @ 16:50, so I guess it's going to be busy.

Gold 5 Star Member
    As far as I remember from a previous thread, all the drivers have to sign the car rental agreement.

So, if you're the only driver and your wife isn't going to drive at all, then that'd work well (especially as you get out of lifting the bags around!)
    blott

Florida Junior
    Doh..!!
    Gold package..(wife drives too..In a Jeep..!!)
    Looks like i'll be bag carrying and car hire queuing as well then..

Never mind, at least i'll be doing it in Florida.

Florida Chatterbox
    dollar check in next to baggage pick up in hall b...

so by the time the bags come y will have the keys to the car...

Florida Expert
    Sorry jeff I think that is not correct. Dollar is one floor down from baggage in B. Just use the lift if you have baggage.

I would say send one person to stand in the queue. You can let others through if the 'second driver' has not joined you from bag duty. Then you should be at the front of the queue and away within 10 mins.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jeffc

[/quote]

Florida Expert
    George is right, Dollar are the floor below. We have not had any problems with baggage reclaim or queing for car hire, infact there were no queues. Last time we came through MCO we went through customs, baggage reclaim, car hire all within 20 mins.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    This is a great tip - but please don't tell everyone as it will become ineffective if we all do it [msnwink].

It's exactly what we did when we last went over and we went right up to the Dollar desk with no queue and then by the time we had gone back up one floor our bags were just starting to come out. By the time we had picked up our bags and gone back downstairs to pick up our car the queue at the Dollar desk was horrendous. I think we must have saved ourselves at least a 1/2 hour wait [msnsmile2]

Dollar is normally ok with minimal or no wait - the problem occurs when a Virgin B747 arrives and the passengers start to filter through as Virgin Holidays use Dollar and so any passengers who have booked car hire will be using Dollar. For indirect flights that arrive at other times there is no problem at all.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jeffc

[/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we went this March we thought we would try Alamo for a change ! WRONG ! we arrived at MCO at 3.30pm and got to our villa ( for the first visit since closing ) at 7.30pm they were much slower than Dollar.
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    Last year we must have been very lucky, Plane landed at 3:30pm. Got off went through customs
    etc almost straight away, was the first at the Dollar desk and we walked into the Villa we
    rented at exactly 16:50, Not bad at all

Hope this year is as quick
    Chrisj

Last time I went through Orlando John, Virgin had their own Dollar check-in desk, so their passengers didn't join the normal Dollar queue.
    Carla