Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip Report 2004 (Days 12 & 13)

Oops! The oranges are strictly not to be picked! We always wanted to taste them, but was written into the contract of sale that the oranges were not to be touched. Not to worry, they let you home again at least! Just thought you might be interested to know, I'll find out the details and update...!
    Tink

Excellent report again Nostromo. Your watersports day sounded fantastic and that will definitely be on the list when my kiddies are a little older.

I have always thought of myself as a "water baby" having grown up by the sea and all hobbies relating to water but I never could get the hang of waterskiing at all!

Jackie
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1188.aspx

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tinkerbell
    Oops! The oranges are strictly not to be picked! We always wanted to taste them, but was written into the contract of sale that the oranges were not to be touched. Not to worry, they let you home again at least! Just thought you might be interested to know, I'll find out the details and update...!
    [/quote]

We were staying on Orange Tree at the same time and had exactly the same urge as Nostromo but felt we had better not until we found out whether it was legal or not.

It got more tempting the later we arrived back at the Villa after dinner (darkness the villains friend ) , at one point I had to frighten my fellow passengers with tales of Racoons and Mossies in the Orange Groves to stop a moonlight raid being organised. [msneek]

I did notice four State Trooper cars, a helicopter and an FBI team dusting for prints on the day after Nostormo mentions above and I believe several Oranges were used to view suspects in an identity parade at MCO but you and the other Perps ovbviously slipped through Nostromo [msnwink].

Mr E.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks MrE. Actually, I curbed my own orangy urges well and never picked a fruit myself, although I confess to eating a few later on. I forbade the others to do so too and everyone except my airheaded sis-in-law coplied. She claimed that she only picked fruit from trees within private property when the owner actually invited her to do so. As I have said before, I saw my sis-in-law talking animatedly to this other lady, but whether that person really owned the property is another matter - I cannot be sure. But it was broad daylight and no one seemed to notice or mind, so maybe the story is true.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Come on Nostromo - get going on the next installment - I'm getting withdrawal symptoms waiting!

Lesley
    Lesley

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LesleyB
    Come on Nostromo - get going on the next installment - I'm getting withdrawal symptoms waiting!

Lesley
    [/quote]

I'll do it today. The problem is, my Indian relatives are going back in 6 days and there is a lot of packing and other inter-activity to do. Moreoever, I have got bit of the dreaded paperwork backlog from work.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    Thanks Nostromo. Such detailed accounts and really useful tips for my next trip in July. Please keep them coming.

Florida Chatterbox
    Excellent report again Nostromo.
    We hired a boat and driver last year at Daves to do some water-skiing and had a billiant time,(the water was a strange colour though - something to do with the trees surrounding the lake) they have a website if anyone is interested, (www.bvwatersports.com), not sure if that will get edited but if it does you can do a google search for "Buena Vista Watersports".

Dave says he can teach anyone from 3-99, and its true. THe way he does it, is to balance on awide trick ski, while helping you up on yours, by putting his under it. He has been doing this for years and years, and is very good.

Florida Chatterbox
    Here is a picture of our daughter skiing at Lake Bryan last year.