Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: First time at Disney's MGM Studios

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.

First time at Disney's MGM Studios

Thanks for all those who sent in useful tips for us first timers to MGM Studios. We went today and had a fantastic time.

Arrived at 8:40am and checked we had enough days left on our hopper passes from last time we visited Disney. We had, so off we went to wait for the gates to open at 9am.

We hired a double pram (stroller) from just inside the gates and headed straight for Muppet Vision 3D. Great show – particularly liked the two old men in the box to the right of the stage and their constant sarcasm! Children loved it too – even Freya (1.5 years) liked the glasses although she managed to break one pair and then not really use the others.

Next stop was the Beauty and the Beast Show which our 3 year old was particularly keen to see (he calls it Brucie and the Beast as he gets mixed up with Bruce Forsyth on UK TV). Great show with good songs and a storyline that kept both our children interested the whole way through.

The Great Movie Ride was next. Quite a long queue and when it got going most of the film titles were lost on me as they are the kind of films my mother likes but I was too young to appreciate them.

Lunch was at the ABC Commissary – great food for veggies too so we were pleased. This is the best Disney Restaurant we have seen for veggies with tabouleh wraps, Chinese stir fry to name but two.

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular was next – very good special effects although I thought the whole show lacked fluidity and seemed to be a series of stunts loosely cobbled together. I can see that teenage children would like the loud bangs and sound effects.

Isaac met Beast and Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) and then the sorceror Mickey Mouse which he loved. They also had a play on the I Shrunk The Kids Playground.

The Backlot Tour was next and was more what I was expecting from MGM – lots more special effects and quite a lot of behind the scenes things we might not have expected to see.

Last on the list was ‘The Magic Of Disney Animation’ which was a walkthrough of how the animators at Disney work to create new films (movies). We all thought this was dull as dishwater and wished we had chosen something else to see instead.

We were all very tired at this stage and decided to return to the holiday villa for some relaxation around the pool.

Fantasmic will have to wait until the children are older as the 8:30pm start time is after their normal bedtime. We can’t wait as we’ve heard very good reports of it.

All in all a very good day out and there is plenty still to see for visit number 2, coming soon.

John & Sarah Rooke
    www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    www.orlandovillas.com
    www.vacation-rental-villas.com
    www.park-tickets.com
    www.orlando-guide.info

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you had a good time John, MGM Studios in Disneyland Paris is not nearly as good but there were are couple of shows that are different so still good for a short break.

Babblin Boo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    What's it like in the Paris version Steph. I know it's not strictly the area we cover but a short review of it would be interesting to see?

John & Sarah Rooke
    www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    www.orlandovillas.com
    www.vacation-rental-villas.com
    www.park-tickets.com
    www.orlando-guide.info

I'm really keen to hear about anyone who's been to MGM Paris, in comparison to good old Florida! I was keen to go, but not so sure when Florida is practically the same price!!!!

Tink