Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Home from our hols

Florida Newbie

Home from our hols

Back home now and missing FL already.
    It was our 8th trip this time. Stayed at Hampton Lakes booked through an agent. fantastic villa less than a year old and also had free pool heating (someone forgot to turn it off !).

IOA and Universal had no queues, straight on the rides which was bril.

A few things that I have always wanted to do but never got around to until this trip were

We saw the Peabody Ducks on their march over the red carpet (very eccentric guy Mr. Peabody I should imagine)

Did the Boggy Creek airboat ride which was excellent fun

Went to watch a rodeo, but wouldn't do it again

The Highlight although very short was a Helicopter trip over Disney well worth the money.

Every year we make a point to drive to the gulf to siesta key the whitest beach in the world (I think) and then on to Madeira Beach to St Johns Pass and have a meal at Scully's fish restaurant, a long way to go for a meal but a good atmosphere along the boardwalk. We saw dolphins jumping in the water. Those of you that have been will know. Has anyone been there ??

Its good to try other stuff that you havn't done before, all in all we had a fab trip can't wait til next year now !!

Ang

Florida Savvy
    We stayed at st petes last year and loved the boardwalk at St John's hired a boat for a day thought we were being circled by sharks - after screeming at the kids to GET DOWNNNNNN realised they were Dolphin's, when the kids went swimming at shell island they were passed by the biggest 'fish' i had ever seen - a huge Ray. stayed one week in orlando and then 1 week at st petes, i loved st petes but the kids where a bit let down after all the fun at Orlando, want to go back some day, this year 2 weeks in orlando 1st at Universal resort hotel and second in a villa 7 days and counting!!!!!!

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm nostalgic with you Ang as we returned on Monday. We also did a helicopter trip over Disney and thought it was excellent (I thought it may be scary, but it wasn't at all). We also did G-Force at Old Town which was awesome : 0-111mph in 1.87 seconds!! Apart from that, the main thing we did was shopping. Just waiting for the credit card bill now [msnscared]
    Gillian

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you had a good time Ang.

I'm curious, can you explain what this is:-

"We saw the Peabody Ducks on their march over the red carpet (very eccentric guy Mr. Peabody I should imagine)"

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Peabody hotels have resident real live ducks which 'march' twice a day. They are treated like royalty! Try http://www.peabodyhotels.com/defaultFlash.htm Or, if you want to cut straight to the ducks then http://www.peabodyorlando.com/asp/vg...subsection=Duc
    blott