Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Our Honeymoon 8th-22nd March 04 (Sorry its late!!)

Florida Newbie

Our Honeymoon 8th-22nd March 04 (Sorry its late!!)

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum. Without the information I collected here our holiday might not have gone
    without a hitch. Thanks to everyone, especially those who replied to my many questions!

On the flip if anyone has any questions about out time in Orlando please feel free to ask, I shall be happy to answer!

I hope you enjoy:

Orlando Florida 2004-05-11

Dates: 8th – 22nd March 2004
    Flights: Virgin Atlantic (From Gatwick)
    Accommodation: Fairfield Inn & Suites, International Dr

Monday 8th

Arrive at Airport at approx 6AM checked in with only about 10 mins wait, went to McDonalds to have breakfast then to boarding lounge. Flight was OK,
    leg room slightly a problem but entertainment was good. Films all play at the same time (On different channels) so until they have all finished you
    cant watch the next one. Landed at Orlando International, only took approx 1Hour to get out of airport, security very tight but everyone (including
    Immigration) were very polite. Dollar tried to get me to upgrade the car but I didn’t have any of that! Left airport in car took wrong road and
    ended up at an unmanned toll road with no change. Had no option but to drive through without paying setting off the alarm! Did a U turn in the road
    and again had to get through the toll without paying!! Managed to get on the right road and came to next manned toll road. Mentioned it to the woman
    on the toll who told me off for putting a dollar note in the coin basket and took $2 off me to pay for them! Managed to find Hotel without any
    further problems. Was pleased with accommodation, room was huge, had two TV’s fridge, HiFi massive bed etc (we paid about £100 extra for the suite
    upgrade) Did a bit of unpacking then walked to supermarket across the road and bought some beer etc..!! Went to Ponderosa for dinner then back to
    room for a few cold beers and kip!

Tuesday 9th

Woke up at approx 3AM bright as a button!! Breakfast at 7:15 which was a free continental style, very good and an excellent start to the day. Also
    Tea/Coffee and hot chocolate machine free all day in hotel. Went to Virgin Welcome meeting as we received a free meal voucher for Hard Rock at
    Universal. Bought a $15 phonecard which seemed to work out quite well over the two weeks, also bought Arabian nights tickets for £65 which included
    transport. Finished there and decided to goto Beltz got loads of bargains from DKNY, Nike (Airmax trainers $39) Universal shop seemed especially
    cheap, t-shirts etc from $2. Had Pizza from dinner from Sharros which was gorgeous! Headed back to hotel for an afternoon in the pool and spa! Went
    to Race Rock for tea which was again very nice the went to Wonderworld (The upside-down building on I Drive) Really enjoyed the special effects etc
    in there. Also went to Walmart in the afternoon – WOW! It’s huge and sells everything, I thought they were taking the mick when I saw car tyres and
    exhausts on the supermarket shelves! Bought a pair of Hair straightners for Fiona which are apparently very good and work at home for $19. Beer -
    $3.15 for 6 Natural Ice 5.9% made by same company as Bud. Bargain of the day – SunnyD 3.78Litre bottle just $1.88!!!

Wednesday 10th

Woke up at 5:30 so that’s not too bad! Up at 7:15 and had breakfast. Went to Magic Kingdom for our first day at the parks. Was a bit worried as we
    didn’t have our passports as ID but we didn’t get checked. Very impressed with the whole place, Main St USA is lovely, park was fairly empty with max
    waiting times all day at about 20mins. Went on Snow White, Small world and saw Mickey’s Philharmagic which was quite good! Went to tomorroland,
    spacemountain has changed a bit and is still excellent. Buzz Lightyear ride is also good fun. Went back to Fantasyland and had burger and chips each
    + 1 coke & help yourself salad costing $14.50 We didn’t think this was too bad but can see how it can get expensive if there is more than two.
    Went to frontierland next and went into sweet shop (Couldn’t resist!) Got Dr Pepper and Chocolate cake flavoured Jelly Bellys! Lovely! Went

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like you had a fantastic time, a real honeymoon to remember! Great report on it too.
    Sarah

Wonderful, hyte. This account, plus all the pictures that you took, will certainly remind you of what a fantastic time you had, when you've been married as long as some of us have!!!
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks very much for a very entertaining trip report. Your honeymoon sounded great
    Ruth