Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: TCY Travel city Airlines

Florida Newbie

TCY Travel city Airlines

Hi all,
    Just thought I would ask if anybody has been on one of the
    TCY branded flights yet since European went bust

who owns/runs the planes?

Oliver.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Oliver
    Hi all,
    Just thought I would ask if anybody has been on one of the
    TCY branded flights yet since European went bust

who owns/runs the planes?

Oliver.
    [/quote]

Have you done a search ref top right hand corner Oliver? I seem to remember someone mentioning this before. Sorry can't advise you what they are like, havn't tried them.

Rob

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1767.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Yeah I did have a look but no sign of a post
    about the new branded service

not a trip report anyhow

Florida Newbie
    we're travelling with them in about 11 weeks, will post a report when we get back
    Terry and Linda

Florida Savvy
    Dear all,

Sorry I did say I would post on my return but things have been a bit hectic with work and all.

We flew back on a Travel City Branded plane on 6th May Sanford-Manchester. For the plane spotters amongst us it would have been TF-ABA or TF-ABP.

The plane was a little nicer inside than the Air Atlanta Flight we had out (TF-ATD) but the crew and service were obviously the same as this is basically a livery change and it is still an Air Atlanta Europe plane underneath.

The seats in Economy are cloth not leather as initially advertised on their website but I believe both Sunshine upgrades now have leather (didn't manage to go upstairs). Service was good both out and in plenty of drinks available if you wanted, the food was basic airline food but acceptable.

One problem on the return was we quite a bit of turbulence and this meant the times available for going to the toilet were limited and so queues formed (helped by the failure of a couple of toilets - not the airlines fault when some idiot puts paper towels down).

This led to the bizarre set of announcements saying "do not stand in the aisles, gallies or queue for the toilet" all of which were made during a video about exercising during the flight which encouraged you to move around the aircraft as much as possible[msnmad]

I thought European was a little better for IFE as they showed 2 movies out and 3 back to back on the return whereas Air Atlanta only showed 1 plus a myriad of short programmes on the return.

Apart from that there is little significant change really to the cattle class traveller like myself but as always when we have flown with TCD efficient, timely and very much value for money.

Oh and I don't know if Air Atlanta have different handling agents but the baggage at the Manchester end was much quicker than normal and our Pushchair was the first thing off for a change[msnsmile2]

If I've missed anything else you need to know please ask.

Mr E.