Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain Forest Cafe

Super Moderator
    We have used Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney, Nashiville and in London - they all have the same menu and all have the animals, thunderstorms and fish tanks. Even though our 2 are grown up they still enjoy the 'entertainment' and watching the fish. We have never had a bad meal but admit it is not the cheapest place to eat it does have a friendly atmosphere and we have always had servers.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We got into the habit of making this our last meal whilst in both Florida and Paris but it is now so much more expensive than other restaurants we have decided to give it a miss from now on.

Florida Expert
    I noticed last time we were in Florida that even though AK closed at 5PM there would often still be the odd car driving up to the gates when we went passed to go down Sherberth Road.

Is the Rainforest Cafe open at Night at AK and if so is this why there always still seemed to be some cars heading into it's parking lot?

We enjoyed it, but it was one of our more expensive meals, even though it was nothing special food wise. I guess you pay for the suroundings!
    Shirley

Florida Junior
    We were there in October, we had to queue for a table for ages then were sat right in front of the elephant who trumpeted loud and frequently.[msnscared] The service was good but the food wasn't anything special for the cost.

Florida Chatterbox
    I found the Rainforest Cafe in Ft Lauderdale at the outlet mall there, Sawgrass, was much better service and a better experience all round than the Downtown Disney one.
    Its probably the same price at both, don't know, haven't been for a few years now, was not cheap then but it was good fun.
    Only went to Animal Kingdom for the first time a few weeks ago, even though I get in free, I didn't even notice they had a Rainforest Cafe there, I must walk around with my eyes shut.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
    I found the Rainforest Cafe in Ft Lauderdale at the outlet mall there, Sawgrass, was much better service and a better experience all round than the Downtown Disney one.
    Its probably the same price at both, don't know, haven't been for a few years now, was not cheap then but it was good fun.
    Only went to Animal Kingdom for the first time a few weeks ago, even though I get in free, I didn't even notice they had a Rainforest Cafe there, I must walk around with my eyes shut.
    [/quote]The Rainforest Cafe at AK is next to the ticket booths at the entrance,may even be outside the gates.

I had always resisted going there, but my son and his wife insisted we try it and I was agreeably surprised. I had the best Baby Back Ribs I have had in a while, not greasy and fatty as in some other places I had tried. We have been back several times since and it has been just as good.

Andrena