Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: car rental usa or uk

Gold 5 Star Member
    Debbie

http://www.floridacarhire.com do an intermediate (midsize) car for £178 pw with gold option via Dollar but their other cars (compact and 7 seater, etc) are dearer than Americars.

Blott

denisemahy
    We use Alamo and find the courtesy bus at Orlando Int quick and easy to use. We pre-register before we leave the UK and on our last trip we had collected the keys and were driving away within 15 mins!!! No long queues or hassle about upgrading either. At Sandford, of course, its airport pick up anyway.

We also recommend booking in the UK. We find it much cheaper and we know exactly what we have booked.

We use www.villadream.com/carhire

Florida Savvy
    We use www.drivetothesun.com where I have found that they are much cheaper and the insurance is fully inclusive. They use Alamo but you can specifically ask for Dollar (in airport)

Florida Expert
    Have tried a few of the suggestions - so far Americars and Autosabroad seem the cheapest for inc. package on intermediate size car.

Liz

Florida Expert
    We use Skycars tel no 0870 7897789.
    In Jan we had a full size with Alamo gold cover at Sanford for £365 for 2 weeks. A couple of years ago at Orlando they used Budget.

Chris

Florida Expert
    We have just had a quote from both Direct Car Hire and Americars of £310 for 2 weeks - intermediate 4 door with all insurances etc.

Arlene

Florida Chatterbox
    Haven't heard of Direct Car Hire Arlene, do you have a contact number? Thanks

Sandra

Florida Newbie
    I've used Americars.
    The last time I used them I was pannicking like hell. Cause no paperwork came through. Had nothing to prove I had ordered a rental car. Could'nt get through to them by phone. Kept getting a fax tone. In the end I managed to fax them. Got no reply till the day before I was due to fly out. They faxed me details. I had no fax so had to take fax at work. Luckily I was at work. Otherwise I would have had to find the nearest fax place and hang around with precious little time.
    Hope that was rare experience, but not being a gambler haven't tried them since. Last time I used ThomasCook.com Good rates. However, we booked 2 cars for 2 legs of our journey. Info for 1st leg turned up. None for 2nd leg. But at least we could get through to them by phone. Got booking No. and everything was OK at the other end.

Lesson - whomever you choose, book way in advance if you can. (We weren't able to book way in advance).

Florida Expert
    Direct Car Hire - 0870 444 6677
    Americars - 01424 814100
    Direct Cars will also beat any price. So if you get other quotes, go back to them and they'll beat it.

Arlene

Hi

Last time I booked a car through americars, they told me they were the same company as direct cars, both quotes were the same, only difference is americars don't do last minute, ie next day and direct cars do.

Debbie