Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: car rental usa or uk

Florida Newbie

car rental usa or uk

read the various messages on rental which are very helpful can anyone clarify whether we can book car hire via alamo or others in the uk prior to departure to save time, or book a fly drive inclusive with the carrier we go with ,or wait until arrival at orlando airport
    or taxi from airport and arrange local car hire from the villa.
    we willbe getting a 7 seater type carrier 4 adults 2 teens
    we live near manchester airport and hope to fly direct or stopover april 2003 for 3 weeks and would like to arrange car hire at the same time as flight now
    thanks for any suggestions

dave and teresa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi casperdje

I think you'll find it is much less expensive to arrange car rental in UK before you go as many companies offer inclusive rental. If you arrange it as a fly/drive you will find you have lots of taxes and insurances to pay on arrival or that your flights will be more expensive. If you arrange it direct with the car rental company, the taxes and insurances come into it again and can add a considerable amount to the car rental fee.

I think you'll find a car rental facility on the forum if you go to the home page and click the link.

Blott

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'd second what Blott says. We personally would not ever go to Florida without arranging all inclusive car hire before we leave the UK. We normally go for the Gold option as this includes extra drivers (you can take it in turns driving back from restaurants for example).

You'll still find the car hire agents at Orlando airport try and get you to upgrade (can be costly) but at least you will know that whatever they try and throw at you you will have paid for everything so should be able to just get the keys from them and drive off.

There is nothing worse after a 9.5 hour flight than someone trying to tell you need a bigger car!

John & Sarah Rooke
    www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    www.orlandovillas.com
    www.park-tickets.com
    www.orlando-guide.info

I would agree about renting from here - it's usually much cheaper. Even the expert Florida Pete says it's cheaper to rent from here. We use worldwide (phone 0870 027 5700) and have always found them the cheapest. They use Dollar.

Fiona

Florida Chatterbox
    I would just add Dollar (along with Hertz and National) are situ on the airport - much handier than being bussed to an off-airport depot to pick up your car.
    Enjoy
    Ian

Gold 5 Star Member
    I use worldwide too-but John's americars was much cheaper than my quote.

Orlandobabe

I'd agree with Ian - the first time we rented off Alamo at Orlando International we thought they were taking us to the Daytona Beach compund on the bus as it seemed to take ages (what doesn't after a whole day travelling).

Much quicker to pick up on airport.

John & Sarah Rooke
    www.orlandovillas.com
    www.park-tickets.com
    www.orlando-guide.info

Florida Expert
    No one has mentioned the OV link to carhire is it not worth trying?

Jeff & Dallas Myers
    3 Bed Crescent Lakes

Good point Jeff!

The link is www.orlandovillas.com/car_hire.asp - their rates are very competitive!

John & Sarah Rooke
    www.orlandovillas.com
    www.park-tickets.com
    www.orlando-guide.info

I have today received a quote for them for a convertible for 14 nights in October/November £544 for the gold rate, however I actually asked for 16 nights so I'm not sure if this is correct! Will let you know when I get another reply

Caroline