Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: car rental usa or uk

Florida Newbie
    Actually it is cheaper if you use code FVG as it works out at $439 for 2 weeks then!

Florida Expert
    I use Autos Abroad www.autosabroad.com
    their inc. packages seem v.competitive but pick up is from Dollar, and yes I was stuck in a queue for an hour with all those "virgins"
    waiting for our car to be delivered. I think next time I might ask to pick up at Dollar depot in Mccoy Rd or Ill try some of the sites shown on here
    Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    What is this code FGV? and what does it mean.

thanks

Be careful, this rate does not nclude tax, insurance, airport fee, tyre and battery tax or Insurance. It would work out far more expensive when all these things are added
    It is always cheaper to get pay up front for your car hire in the UK. Unless you carry North American car insurance.

Martin

quote:
    Hi, first post, so forgive me if this is not a good price.

www.dollar.com do a 2 week mini van rental for $499 if you use the discount code KISS. Could save a few pounds.

Cheers

andrew

Florida Junior
    Hi Guys,
    I use priceline.co.uk and bid for a car, just got a deal of an economy car for £105 for a week. It's with Alamo and for the last couple of times I've been I had an upgrade free of charge.

Florida Newbie
    I would echo many comments on this forum. Book a fully inclusive package from the UK, use an airport based rental firm (ie not Alamo) - we always use Dollar. I find www.airline-network.co.uk provide good prices and are very efficient, so give them a try.

David Preece

Florida Expert
    Hi Precious,

Thanks for the tip on www.priceline.co.uk I have just booked at the same £105 rate with Alamo, pickup at Tampa.

Jeff & Dallas Myers
    3 Bed Crescent Lakes
    www.harmonyvillaorlando.com

As we rent our villa we have negotiated a rate with Dollar where we can pass on 15% discount to our guests.
    Dollar are on site at the airport and we provide a pre paid voucher to enable guests to be driving away without delay.
    Many of the other rental companies are off site and from our experience it can take well over 1 hour to complete the transfer and paperwork.

For a brochure call Jancis on 01628 484477
    Jancis@tshepherd.fsnet.co.uk

Has anyone used Americars for car hire? I am unable to find a website for them but have heard they do very competitive rates, what is the service like?

Hi

We always use Americars, have never found anyone cheaper. I don't think they have a web site (unless anyone knows any different) but their phone number is 01424 814100

We always have the gold rate (up to 3 drivers and full tank petrol)

compact £133 per week
    int car £185 per week
    7 seater £215 per week
    these are the rates I have paid this year.

I have found them very helpful, I have always had the car from dollar, either sanford, orlando or miami

I have even phoned them whilst in Florida when we decided to extend our stay, I did it over the phone hassle free and they just stopped the extra payment from the card I had already used.

regards

debbie