Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boggy Creek Airboats

Florida Expert

Boggy Creek Airboats

Having never been to Boggy Creek and after reading the recommendations of a couple of our guests we have decided to give this a try and have ordered my tickets for the daytime tours.
    Can anyone tell which is the best of the two locations and the best time in the day to go to see the wildlife?
    There will be 10 of us and we are going in July.

Thanks

Michelle

Florida Savvy
    My sister went on a night time one and said it was very important to keep your mouth shut or you got a mouth full of moths!!

Florida Expert
    Yuk! My kids (and hubby) would freak!
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've been to both locations and think that the one at Southport near Poinciana was the better of the two for the wildlife. But, as with all wild creatures, it's mostly a matter of luck but you have the vast local knowledge of the airboat driver on your side.

In July it's going to be hot but gators are cold blooded and need warmth to get going but you need them to be in one place in order to spot them! I'd suggest either around 10 - 11 or 4 - 5 as possible good times at that time of year.
    blott

Florida Expert
    Can anyone comment on the parasailing at Boggy Creek v Contemporary Resort?
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Sorry no info about para sailing but we did airboat at Boggy creek on Easter Sunday (fish camp one) and I was a bit disappointed. It was 30 mins, and went every 10 minutes. It was a good trill ride but not really a good wildlife ride. We saw no gators- he said it was too warm, 2 turtles and a handfull of birds. To be honest I thought it was more to do with the number of boats and continuous disturbance that wildlife was missing.
    If we ever go again I might do one at a smaller operation or even a hire your own one.
    Don't forget to look for money off vouchers for all these attractions in the voucher books you can pick up.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ah, you went to the wrong one (see above)!
    blott

Florida Savvy
    We went to the Southport location airboat ride on Easter Saturday at about midday when it was quite hot and still saw quite a few large gators farely close up and lots of birds.
    We didn,t see hardly any other airboats either only the one before us in the distance
    I would throughly recommmend it as our driver/guide was very informative.
    Y vonne

Gold 5 Star Member
    We plan to go this year, but forgot to order the tickets
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    What is the best time of day to go in July[?]
    Karen