Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing contact lenses

Florida Savvy

Wearing contact lenses

I know this is a silly topic, but I wear lenses so can't wear them if I am going to be submerged/swimming.
    What proportion of wet & wwild will I need to be in a cozzy and prepared to go under, and what proportion in shorts and top and just getting went not actually going in.
    What do you do with your things when you are all in swimming costume mode? Is it safe to leave your towels and bags or do you have to keep putting things in lockers?
    There will be us and our son, so ideally we will all want to go on things together.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I dont wear my lenses on holiday for the reasons above

You can hire lockers at the parks to put your things in
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Hubbie and I both wear contact lenses and each took a pair of swimming goggles with us on our recent trip for use in the pool and at any waterparks. Hubbie's pair of goggles even has glare/light reduction lenses! While we used them in the pool, we didn't use them at Wet'n'Wild and I was only effected with blurry eye syndrome [msnscared] on a couple of the slides and Hubbie not at all. In hindsight (no pun intended), I would probably wear the goggles on my next visit as you can just leave them around your neck when not on the slides.

It wasn't very busy on the day we visited Wet'n'Wild but we still hired a locker each to keep our bags in. The lockers are positioned immediately to the left when you enter, just outside the changing rooms. You will need to buy your keys at the Locker kiosk which is to the right of the entrance, opposite the swimwear shop. We just carried our towels around with us as it was quite cool that day. On a warmer day, we wouldn't have bothered as there is no charge to access your locker throughout the day and they're never very far away.

As to cost? If I remember rightly, is was about $8 for the two lockers all day. You are given a token and key for each locker and get a small rebate ($1) when you return the key and the token at the end of the day.

Have fun!

TIP! Don't take large solid bags. I only had a small back-pack and while the lockers are quite deep, the opening is not that big. Took a bit of squishing to get the pack in there.
    Angua

Florida Expert
    I also wear contacts and I only take them out to go to bed. I just keep my eyes closed when I go on the rides. I've been doing this for the last 15 years. I also do the same when I go swimming. I also wore them this Feb when I went snorkelling with the manatees.

Once I went swimming with goggles on, they leaked a bit round the edges and when I took them off one of my lenses floated out. Luckily I took them off over the side of the pool and grabbed the lens before it slipped back into the pool

Jacqui
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/73.aspx

Florida Savvy
    My lenses are the hard ones (the sort that will float out easily, so I personally wouldn't risk relying on goggles. The only glasses I have are a very old prescription of "Deirdres" if you watch Corrie! So if I decide to wear those all day you'll probably recognise me!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I wear my cool sunglasses and the ladies all swoon at me

I never wear my lenses on holiday in case I lose them or I forget to take them
    out before swimming etc
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
    I wear my cool sunglasses and the ladies all swoon at me

I never wear my lenses on holiday in case I lose them or I forget to take them
    out before swimming etc
    [/quote]

That really needs a witty clever answer....but I can't think of one.......[msnsad][msnoo]

Gold 5 Star Member
    hehehhehehehe
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ray wears contacts and always takes a pair of swimming goggles with him to the water parks to put on.
    Just thought we would mention the fact that he does't wear his lenses on the flight as the atmosphere tends to dry them out and a friend of ours had his pop out, never to be seen again.
    Causes a laugh at the airport, as his passport photo is minus glasses, with hair and he turns up with glasses and a shaved head. They tend to twice and somstimes three times!
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    My lenses are hard ones as well first timer and I am as blind as a bat without them. I did think ones about wearing my glasses in Wet and Wild but I like to see where I am going and couldn't work out where to put the glasses when I got to the front of the ride queues.

No suggestions either, thank you. [msnwink]

Jacqui
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/73.aspx