Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing contact lenses

Florida Expert
    My cousin wears her contact lenses all the time, even when swimming and also opens her eyes under water!! The goggles seem like a great idea just to be on the safe side.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    My son wears contacts without the goggles or anything but my wife is terrible with them, it just depends on the person on how you can handle the spray off the slides.[msnwink]
    Nigel

http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/1315.aspx

Florida Savvy
    I think if they are soft they stay in better. Hard ones will float out at any excuse! Anyway, I'm not risking losing them fullstop! Having said that I have showered in mine using the shut eyes method.

I have an attachment which goes on the ends of the glasses arms and tightens at the back which might work if not to ferocious- I got it for skiing in a previous life. I'm blind as a bat without anything, so wouldn't recognise you Chris no matter how cooool you looked!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Funny enough with my Cool Shades on and a recent haircut I have been told
    I look very close to my avatar
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Lol Chris[msncool]
    Nigel

Florida Chatterbox
    What type of lenses do you wear then first timer. Also my son doesn't mind about his so much as they are dailys so its not the end of the world if he loses them.
    Nigel

Florida Savvy
    I wear soft contact lenses - the monthly sleep in change every 30 day variety and I never had an issue at W'n'W last time - as others have said I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with splashes etc......I do close my eyes etc when I know I am about to plunge underwater etc.
    I even wore them at DC for the dolphin swim didn't think twice and have never lost one either. I did take spares and my glasses with me to the USA just to be sure.....
    Biggus

Florida Savvy
    Mine are the hard expensive type, so as I said, I can't risk them.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by firsttimer
    Mine are the hard expensive type, so as I said, I can't risk them.
    [/quote]

Understandable, you don't want to be wandering around with one eye shut for the rest of your holiday.

We only use the disposable types now so goggles are fine for us. I think the disposables stick to your eye better..... At least it seems like that when you try to get them out again!![B)]
    Angua

Florida Expert
    I wear lenses, but for water parks i wear my glasses which have reactolite lenses so are just like sunglasses.

My lenses have been okay on splash mountain, duddly do right, bluto and popeye and the terakiki(sic) tidal waves at Busch gardesn as long as i shut my eyes at point of impact. I wouldn't try swimming in them though or especially the wave pool at typhoon lagoon as it is a struggle to not drown never mind not lose lenses.