Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Trip Report 6th March to 20th March

Florida Newbie

Trip Report 6th March to 20th March

Thought I would post a quick trip report for our visit to Orlando from March 06 to March 20.

This was the third time my wife and myself have been (92 & 97) but the first with kids and the first time we have rented a villa.

Group consisted of a total of 6 people including our 5 year old and 8 month old.

Took our own car seats and buggy. Found this very easy and if you make sure they are labeled correctly and placed in bags (preferably see-through) then life is pretty simple (we didn#8217;t bring a bag and Virgin supplied them).

Flight was pretty good. Reserved a bulkhead seat for the sky cot. Very useful but does make life pretty cosy when the cot table is down. Also if there is any turbulence and the seat belt light goes on you have to take the baby out (sleeping or not) and sit them on your lap.

Had rented a very nice villa in Crescent Lakes that we couldn#8217;t fault.

Attraction Highlights

Seaworld #8211; Good all round family shows. Kids loved to Dolphins and Whales.

Magic Kingdom #8211; Never fails to impress. The #8216;Wishes#8217; firework display and Mickey#8217;s Philharmagic are excellent.

Epcot #8211; Mission Space excellent but not for those that suffer from motion sickness.

MGM #8211; Tower of Terror, Rock in Roller Coaster stick out.

Animal Kingdom #8211; The safari and Festival of the Lion King (fantastic show).

Universal #8211; Again, lots of ride that everyone could go on and good all round family entertainment.

IOA #8211; This place really surprised me. For older kids it has some of the best rides of it#8217;s kind. The Jurassic Park water ride has an excellent setting along with a nice big drop at the end. The Popeye rapids ride is a step up from the one in Animal Kingdom (you will get soaked!). And the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman is just amazing and almost impossible to describe how good it is.

Also visited Typhoon Lagoon (my favorite) and Blizzard Beach (Better slides).

As for eating.

Golden Coral (Near marker 5 on the 192) is the best all you can eat buffet I have ever seen.

Hark Rock, Rain Forrest #8211; Both good fun, reasonable cost and food

Tony Roma#8217;s #8211; Best find #8211; Good food and no more expensive than any other place.

The thing I would say which goes against some comments on the site. I have also visited Disneyland Paris on a number of occasions and would recommend that to anyone one is considering going to Orlando mainly to visit Magic Kingdom. Disneyland Paris is very similar but some of the rides and setting have been improved. For example, Pirates of the Caribbean is better in Paris. And there is no comparing Space Mountain as the Paris one is fair superior.

I will go back to Orlando within the next couple of years but would quite happily fill the void in between with visits to Disneyland Paris.

All in all a really enjoyable trip with reasonable tempatures (75 #8211; 80#8217;s), excellent accomodation and the usual high standards of entertainment provided by the parks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Bryan,
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday, great report. We are not Disneyland Paris fans but agree that the Pirates and Space Mountain rides are better there. Would have to agree 100% about Tony Roma's our favourite restaurant.[msntongue]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    Quote from Bryan
    "This was the third time my wife and myself have been (92 & 97) but the first with kids and the first time we have rented a villa.

Group consisted of a total of 6 people including our 5 year old and 8 month old."

Fantastic how two people in the 90's had such a time! And to have kids that young[msnwink]

Glad you had a great holiday.

Florida Expert
    funny George I think the drink is getting to yourafter the day with the lovely children i think i'll join you[msntongue][msntongue]
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
    Quote from Bryan
    "This was the third time my wife and myself have been (92 & 97) but the first with kids and the first time we have rented a villa.

Group consisted of a total of 6 people including our 5 year old and 8 month old."

Fantastic how two people in the 90's had such a time! And to have kids that young[msnwink]

Glad you had a great holiday.

[/quote]

George you are at it again!

Making me laugh that is!!!!

Julie R

Gold 5 Star Member
    I read it like that too George[msnwink]
    Orlandobabe