Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Great local restaurants

Florida Junior

Great local restaurants

<span style=&#39;colorrange&#39;></span id=&#39;orange&#39;>We are coming to the Orlando area for the first time in July. Usually vacation in the Myrtle Beach area and know a lot of great local restaurants down there. I was wondering if anyone has had any great experiences with the local restaurants in the Orlando area. Not really interested in the national chains suchas Bennigan&#39;s, Red Lobster, or Damon&#39;s.

Thanks[msntongue]

My husband and I really like FIRST WATCH, it is a breakfast, brunch, lunch restaurant. It is only open until 2:30 PM. It is causal with great food. It is on Sand Lake Road just west of I-4 in the Publix shopping center. Also for dinner, Charlie's steakhouse or Del Frisco's Steakhouse. There is also a nice salad bar and soup restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes that has a great variety of salads, soups and pastas.

Florida Newbie
    Hi,if you are looking for something different,why not try the Shogun, japanese food served and cooked at the table by some very dexterous chefs,or Bahama Breeze is very good.There are plenty of themed eateries which are a matter of choice.Orlando certainly has many food outlets to accommadate every need,I'm sure you will not be dissappoited

Florida Expert
    Hi

Our personal favorite is Carrabba's Italian Grill located next to Formosa Gardens on Hwy 192 west. Excellent food.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Perkins on the 192/ poinciana is fantastic. Only got there once last year but plan a few visits
    this year
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    Hi everyone,
    just got back from trip number 7.Found a great new eating place on Int Drive not far from Belz.The Whistle Junction,carvery,buffet,and desserts to die for.mmmmmmmmmm key lime pie.Around $10 per head all you can eat,please save room for afters, plus they give every table a slab of lemon cake just incase you are still feeling peckish.
    Andy

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
    Perkins on the 192/ poinciana is fantastic. Only got there once last year but plan a few visits
    this year
    [/quote].

We went there this year in Jan and I can reccommend the fish it really was good ,the service also was fast ,the waitress deserved her tip .I take it you mean the perkins at the traffic lights where you turn into Ponciana from the 192,which is just up the road from our villa (3 miles max),where the giant stars and stripes flag is .

Florida Chatterbox
    THE STEAKS AT LONGHORNS ARE EXCELLENT AND LOGANS ROADHOUSE IS GREAT FUN WITH THE PEANUT DROPPINGS ON THE FLOOR! BAHAMA BREEZE ALBEIT EXPENSIVE IS WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY. SO PLEASED TO FIND WE HAVE AN OUTBACK AND CHILIS IN ENGLAND NOW SO MIGHT JUST TAKE A SHORT TRIP TO LONDON TO CHECK OUT THE MEALS AND SEE IF AS GOOD AS FLORIDA!
    tracey

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That's the one!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cherry
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
    this year
    [/quote].

We went there this year in Jan and I can reccommend the fish it really was good ,the service also was fast ,the waitress deserved her tip .I take it you mean the perkins at the traffic lights where you turn into Ponciana from the 192,which is just up the road from our villa (3 miles max),where the giant stars and stripes flag is .
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    And recently refurbished when we were there in April/May.
    Not sure what is was like before but we enjoyed it and the decor was new

Brizzle