Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: IS UK NEXT

Florida Savvy

IS UK NEXT

I live near London and my daughter travels on the tube to college every day and my husband by train. After the terrible event in Madrid, Spain I worry that London is next. Will they target the trains or underground in the same way. Well I want to know, what about the rights of all those people who died in New York and Madrid. What about their rights to live. These people are the worst type of people, fanatics who have no tolerance towards anyone else. I would be happy to have Big Brother if it meant my family were safe. I have nothing to hide in my life.

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villaview.aspx?villa=1601

Gold 5 Star Member
    Tuzanne, whilst I agree with some of your feelings and sentiments, I've edited some of your post as I don't think it is entirely appropriate in the light of current of knowledge about the recent horrific events in Madrid.

I'm sure the loved ones of those 199 people who were killed are in all our thoughts at the moment.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    I know what you mean it's quite a worrying time at the moment and I'm suprised that the UK hasn't been hit already. It's difficult not to think about it when you are flying or going to central London, but then I try and think to myself that I am far more likely to be hit by a bus or in a car accident. Thats not really any better but it does help to put it into perspective.

Craig

Well we survived all those years of IRA terrorism didn't we? I can remember my father not wanting me to go to pubs in Guildford or going up to London in the height of the IRA bombs going off, but at the end of the day if we change our lifestyle they have won. By all means be extra vigilent, but don't talk yourselves into a fearful existence.

I am sure we all pass on our condolences to Spain at this sad time.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    I live next door to Heathrow, Northolt and all the american bases around here, So in a way
    im in the danger zone, but as Fiona says, You have to carry on or else they have won.

I just hope it all stops, there are other ways to protest rather than taking lives
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    We should remember not only the people in NY and Madrid, but those in Washington at the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania in the field- and not only 9/11, but all the other victims of terrorist acts worldwide. Alot of people in alot of countries have been victims of terrorism, and not just in the past 3 yrs.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have to agree with Fiona, we could all live in fear and put our lives on hold but what sort of life would that be. Terroism has been part of our lives in the UK for years, due to IRA activity and just when that seems to be less of a risk a new group emerges to frighten everyone.
    Recent events have been terrible and our sympathies lie with the victims and their families, like Chris says wouldn't it be great if a non-violent solution could be found to protest!
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    The IRA blew up a British Gas Tank 1 mile from my house.
    It didn't make me sell up and move.

My wife and i were booked on an Airtours flight from Newcastle to Sanford on 14/09/01. We were due to fly at 11.00am and were absolutely gutted that the flight was cancelled at 10.30am.
    We lost money on the villa we had booked because our insurance company wouldn't pay out due to their Force Majeure clause and settled for a last minute week in Majorca with the money refunded by Airtours for the cancelled flight.We still had our holiday and enjoyed ourselves, but it was not what we had booked and was only what was available at such short notice with flights and holidays being snapped up by other people in the same position.

The loss of life was terrible, but i am still bitter that the terrorists were allowed to prevent me and thousands of others doing what we like to do in a democratic society.As they say in Hollywood, The Show Must Go On.

We must not ever give in and must not EVER allow ourselves to be scared of doing anything because of the faceless threat of cowards who seek to cause disruption and death to our democratic way of life in the free world in name of religion.

Florida Chatterbox
    We were in the air at the time of 9/11 if were 30 minutes later we would have been sent back to the UK. We were also told while on the plane!!
    Nigel

http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/1315.aspx