Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: alligators, bears and panthers

Super Moderator
    Florida is not the only place that has 'dangerous' wildlife. The only place I personally know anyone who has been bitten by a snake was my brother. Where was he in ENGLAND at Langdon Hills. He never saw it coming and he spent a very uncomfortable few hours in Basildon hospital.

Florida Savvy
    After numerous trips without ever seeing a snake, we went to Orlando for the first time in August and I saw 4 in 2 weeks. There was a black Racer next to the villa, one at Typhoon Lagoon and 2 around the community pool. One crawled over my sons feet when he was sat at a table. He moved very quickly (my son, not the snake) and then the snake swam across the pool. We made a snap decision not to tell anyone in the pool as it was headed for the other side and nobody was in it's way. Nobody noticed it so there was no panic. My son, however, will never sit with his feet under the tables by the pool in Orlando!
    Ian

Florida Junior
    We just got back from our first visit to Florida 2 weeks ago (we are going back next year and already have the flights, villa and car booked) [clap]

Anyway, we arrived at the Villa to find a Scarlet King snake in the pool. It was small so grabbed the oven gloves and picked it up and released it out on the grass. Did some fishing at the Lake and a Gator sat 3 foot away for about an hour, watching me. As it got dark it grunted and rushed up the bank towards me. I just stepped back quickly and it shuffled back into the water.

I went out on that lake a few times on an inflatable boat but they didn't come near. Just adds a bit of excitement [msnwink]
    JohnA

We have terripins in our lake and they get out and sunbath it looks funny also the blue coloured birds open their wings to dry not sure what they are called ,You see life in FLORIDA but we love it
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    They're actually black/very dark brown Maureen but their feathers have a blueish tinge, especially when they're wet - they're called anhingas and look like this

blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great photo Blottie, we always spot plenty of wildlife including birds, squirrels, snakes and gators during our walks around the lakes at the back of Celebration hotel
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

That is an absolutely brilliant pic[clap]
    Jan

Thats our bird and we love to see it came everyday and they are so still .
    MAUREE
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our one Chipmunk has now become 5 famlies...I love them...they run all over our deck if you are there or not...we nearly got some as pets back in the UK..but this is a lot better..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't panic. We have a villa beside a small lake and there are small alligators but we have never seen one come out and nor have our guests during the 5 years we have owned it. You can see their eyes on the top of the water and if we go a little closer, they swim away. They are more frightened of us than we are of them, the same goes for snakes. We had a small black snake near the flower beds and when it heard us approaching, quickly slithered away.

You'll have a wonderful time and you won't even think of anything like that.

We have Cranes who visit regularly

Jan&Steve