Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islands of Adventure

Florida Chatterbox

Islands of Adventure

Is there much to do at IOA for someone like me who just cannot 'stomach' roller coasters[?] Or will I have to be content with sitting on the sidelines watching the others enjoying (or trying to look like they are) themselves[msnsad]
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    Karen,
    believe me you'll love it![msnsmile2]
    Kevin

Florida Savvy
    Theres plenty to do, im sure you will love it.

Florida Chatterbox
    Karen, I too cannot go on rollercoasters, but love Islands of adventure. If you have any children Dr Seuss land is fantastic. Last time we went with our 7yr old son who took me on Cat in the Hat ride at least 4 times. Poseidon Adventure is also a must (walk through attraction with brilliant effects).

Jane

Florida Chatterbox
    Have a go on Spiderman, not really a rollercoaster but a excellent 3D ride
    tony
    Tony
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1433.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3087.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I went to IOA with rollercoaster fans and I hate them! I spent the day holding the bags which was dull dull dull

There are a few things to do but I would not be overkeen to go again.

Florida Savvy
    Its only the best park going, it has rides for everyone and the park has a great layout.

Mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    Spiderman is a must. It is NOT a roller coaster. There are three good water rides. one rapids and two flume type including the themed one. Jurassic Park. You will enjoy Poseideons Fury and Sinbad , both of which are shows. BUT a lot of the big rides here are thrill rides so it will limit you a bit.
    Julie

Hi Karen,

There are only 2 real roller coasters in IOA, The Hulk and Duelling Dragons.

The rest are thrill rides, so depending on why you dont like coasters will decide whether you like anything IOA has to offer.

If its limited to the heights and hills, then the only other two rides you may want to avoid are Dudley Do Right and Jurassic Park River Adventure. However, if its a motion thing, then you're probably best leaving IOA all together as the only attractions that dont throw you around are Poseidon's Fury, The Jurassic Park Research Centre and the Toon and Sinbad shows.

Maybe you could visit the less intense Universal Studios while the rest of your party goes to IOA, then arange to meet them when they're finished ?
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones

Gold 5 Star Member
    IOA is good for the thrill rides but there are the steady rides for you chickens!LOL! IOA is definately the best theme park in orlando especially for the roller coasters![msntongue][msnsmile2]
    Sarah