Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jurassic park river adventure

Gold 5 Star Member
    JPRA is a nice ride, but they could probably spice it up a bit more. I think this will happen over the years as the necessary technology arrives - with closer and more realistic Dinosaur Encounters, more unexpected turns etc. The landscaping of 'Jarassic Park' island is particularly good.
    Nostromo

Because I have a warped sense of humour I'm afraid, this ride gave me one of my best funny memories. We were on the ride to cool down having been on it many times and were amused to see two rows of people in front of us on the boad wearing macs to stay dry. Hubby said it was odd to worry about getting splashed when it was so hot and we were going deliberately to get wet. Anyway we went through the water and into the wharehouse and just before we reached TREX they all put their hoods down and then down we went. They got absolutely soaked and I am ashamed to say that I had a laugh about it when I got off the boat and was away from earshot. I know, bad ! but it was funny.
    Jan

Florida Chatterbox
    [msnoo][msnoo][msnoo][msnoo]
    This ride gave me the willies (not literally you understand!!)

I should explain that on our first trip to Orlando, I hadn't been on a rollercoaster/log flume etc. for many a year and frankly I had lost my nerve. Our first ride was Atlantis at Seaworld and I thought I was going to die, this is the first and only ride that we went on as a family, in hindsight, Daniel and Ross were only 4 and 6!!.

At IOA I went on a few rides with my nephew who was 9 and a bit braver, we did dinosaur and thought we would do RA. Now I stress that we DID NOT know there was any log flume element to this ride, we were merrily going through the dinosaurs and I mentioned to my nephew that this was a nice gentle ride, we might get a bit wet but I though my boys would have enjoyed it. Next thing we know, warning warning, etc. you know the score and we went under the crate that nearly falls on you and into the building. The sheer panic hit me as we started to go upwards, very steeply I thought and I knew, what goes up must come down!!!!, well I have to say I have never been so scared in my life and vowed never to go on it again. We did buy the picture, but only because I have never seen such fear on my face ever!!

Thankfully last time we went my brother came with us and he made me go on all the rides with him and I mean ALL the rides, I even went on RA with my arms up!!
    Anita