Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mission: SPACE restrictions

I am quite prone to motion sickness and took two dramamine during the flight to Orlando and was fine...but forgot to take dramamine the morning we decided to go to EPCOT...

i followed the instructions on Mission:Space, but you realize the way the simulate the G-forces is by putting you in a centerfuge...so you spin around pretty quick. So when we stopped spinning and looked at the stars while in space they were kind of spinning for me.

I think, however, had i taken dramamine that morning I would have been just fine. I just needed 10 minutes after the ride to close my eyes and breathe.

-brett

I would echo others comments regarding Dinosaur ~ we think it is the bumpiest ride of all the parks, and I wouldn't have thought it was particularly suitable for seniors, especially if they have arthritis etc. I am taking my parents to the parks in May, and have already decided that we will miss this one out, for that reason.

Star Tours, Body Wars are like giant training simulators, similar to those that airline pilots would train on, and are moderately bumpy, but not too bad. They can cause some motion sickness tho.

Mission Space is awesome, but every time we have been on it, at least one person out of the four that makes up the flight crew has been ill due to motion sickness.

We shared the ride with a nice guy and his girlfriend. Had to laugh because he was so into the ride he didn't notice his girlfriend reaching for the sick bag (yes they actually provide them).
    At a particularly exciting part of the ride we just heard this "upchuck" sound from the girl, closely followed by her boyfriend gleefully remarking "Sweeeeeet !!!"

Classic Comedy Timing !!!!

Chris & Peter

Florida Savvy
    In mission space, you can all queue up and go thro the "instructions to spacemen" bit. They warn you that it isn't suitable if you get sea sick or are claustrophobic etc. You ARE given an opprotunity to drop out just before you get in your spacecraft- and quite a few people did.
    I took a travel sickness pill, but I really had to do what they said and look at the centre of the screen. As we got in I noticed the sick bags were all on one side so I passed some over.
    I would say arthritis shouldn't be too much of a problem but claustrophobia would be.
    I really thought it was good tho and was rather honoured with the important jobs I had to do!!!