Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission: SPACE restrictions

Gold 5 Star Member

Mission: SPACE restrictions

Like a lot of people, this visit will be our first encounter with Mission: SPACE. I was wondering if it is safe for the seniors in our group. Both have a touch of arthritis and will be sitting out most of the big rides. They will have a go at Star Tours, Dinosaur!, Body Wars (if that is on) and so on but could Mission: SPACE be pushing it a bit in view of their stiffish backs?
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    Having myself been on the other rides that you mention, I think that if they can "survive" those ok then Mission Space should be ok.

From what I understand there are the usual Warning Signs but I don't think that it is as bad / bumpy as many of the other rides.

The only thing that it does seem to do is make you more prone to motion sickness
    DMC

Florida Newbie
    Mission space is less bumby than the other rides. I would be careful with the other rides you ahve mentioned in particular Dino.

quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

Like a lot of people, this visit will be our first encounter with Mission: SPACE. I was wondering if it is safe for the seniors in our group. Both have a touch of arthritis and will be sitting out most of the big rides. They will have a go at Star Tours, Dinosaur!, Body Wars (if that is on) and so on but could Mission: SPACE be pushing it a bit in view of their stiffish backs?

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

I have a very bad back....and I can go on all those things fine....

I've yet to do mission space because I have a busted eardrum.....and I'm not sure how I would be in there.....

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Villa Sales OV approved

Mission space is less bumpy than the other rides. I would be careful with the other rides you ahve mentioned in particular Dino.
    Thanks. This will be our first visit to AK (missed it in 2000 when we had to cut our trip short unexpectedly) and so Dino will be a first go too. I'll see how it goes and if in doubt, ask them to pull out.

Nostromo

I found Dino REALLY bumpy at the back of the car but OK in the front.

Mission Space wasn't at all bumpy - just keep your eyes forward and on your screen ALL the time to stop you feeling sick[xx(]
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    I have athritis in my lower spine, had no problems with my back on Mission Space. Wish I could say the same about the motion sickness - just managed to get to the end of the ride and stagger onto a bench just outside the door - obviously placed there for people like me - A member of staff was straight over to me after seeing my green face asking if I needed 1st aid (how embarrasing. It took me a good hour before I regained some colour and stopped feeling sick, needless to say I won't be going on that one again. However my 7yr old son who won't go on any roller coasters etc, and was dragged on this one crying, came off smiling and wanted to go on it again.
    I wasn't the only one who suffered the seats and wall outside the ride was full of people recovering.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Hi Nostromo

I have had surgery on my neck to fuse 2 discs and Mission Space was fine in that regard but like Zerotone it is the motion sickness that caused havoc. I felt nauseous for at least 2 hours after a two minute ride

[xx(]

Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Hi Nostromo

I have had surgery on my neck to fuse 2 discs and Mission Space was fine in that regard but like Zerotone it is the motion sickness that caused havoc. I felt nauseous for at least 2 hours after a two minute ride

[xx(]

Sarah
    [/quote]

Do you get sickness when traveling......or just on that ride.....?

Florida Expert
    Me and Jet did Mission space and were fine. We were terrified beforehand but the queue was only 15 minutes compared to 60 minutes for test track because people are put off by the warnings. Jet usually gets awful motion sickness, she was sick twice on the flight to Florida this time and once in the taxi on the way home.[xx(]We took the advice of the forum and looked straight at the screen and had no problem.